Per Roch: Bench depth being addressed...

BilboBaggins

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Varitek and Nix are the targets I'd like to see us land.

I'm glad to see Duquette realizes this team needs a strong bench and our minor leaguers that have failed as regulars simply won't cut it any longer.

With all the injuries this club has and has the potential of having with a few injury prone players, that quality depth is extremely important...

Varitek and Nix are the targets I'd like to see us land.

I'm glad to see Duquette realizes this team needs a strong bench and our minor leaguers that have failed as regulars simply won't cut it any longer.

With all the injuries this club has and has the potential of having with a few injury prone players, that quality depth is extremely important...

Why would you want a fossil like Varitek?

It's beginning to dawn on me that I remain disgusted by this franchise. The last year + has really brought me down. I honestly couldn't care less who we sign as backups. I'll only frankly care if they go cheap. At least that might mean that we're putting resources to where they can really help.

Why would you want a fossil like Varitek?

His experience, knowledge of calling a game (only catcher to catch 4 no hitters),and knowledge of the division.

I don't care if he can't throw out Prince Fielder, he can keep players off the basepaths and he won't have to worry about it.

He can be a mentor to Wieters and have him improve the facets of his game (such as switch hitting) even more.

If we want Wieters to be Varitek at the very least, why not have Varitek teach him?

Who starts Free Agency looking for back-up's first??? How about we fill out our starting lineup and then let the back-up's fall into place.

In case you haven't noticed, backups are going first. Duquette is smart to snap them up while the premium guys are taking their time to sign.

His experience, knowledge of calling a game (only catcher to catch 4 no hitters),and knowledge of the division.

I don't care if he can't throw out Prince Fielder, he can keep players off the basepaths and he won't have to worry about it.

He can be a mentor to Wieters and have him improve the facets of his game (such as switch hitting) even more.

If we want Wieters to be Varitek at the very least, why not have Varitek teach him?

Totally disagree with you on this one Trea ...Varitek is another washed up older player looking for 1 more season in the sun on Angelos's tab. Wieters doesnt need a mentor...He needs a guy that will hit/play defense well enough to get him 2 days per week off.

How is Varitek going to keep players off the basepaths? I don't really care who the backup is but I don't see why Varitek is anything special, he's been pretty abysmal.

Why would we want Wieters to be Varitek? Don't we have higher expectations for Matt?

Archived