Syracuse Assistant Bernie Fine target of police inquiry

Birds of B'more

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta wonder what this means for Boeheim. He really stuck his neck out for Fine.

Well, it depends. If Boeheim was telling the truth about not seeing this, nothing will happen. If he saw the kid in Fine's hotel room, he will be fired and deservedly so.

Well, it depends. If Boeheim was telling the truth about not seeing this, nothing will happen. If he saw the kid in Fine's hotel room, he will be fired and deservedly so.

At the very least though, he'll take a hit in public opinion for the way he so adamantly defended Fine. I understand his loyalty at the time to a long-time assistant and friend, but I think someone in his position really needs to choose their words carefully when something like that comes out, no matter how well you think you know someone.

Doesn't matter, he has to go just like JoePa had to be fired.

If what is being said about Paterno is the truth (and goes deeper as we all fear), than it most certainly does matter. If you don't know--if you weren't told that things happened, or saw anything out of the ordinary--you don't know. You don't get fired when you don't know or have any real way to know.

We'll find out soon enough of that is the case here. Boeheim will be part of the investigation, and after Paterno likely even more so than he would have before.

Boeheim's statement:

“The allegations that have come forth today are disturbing and deeply troubling. I am personally very shocked because I have never witnessed any of the activities that have been alleged. I believe the university took the appropriate step tonight. What is most important is that this matter be fully investigated and that anyone with information be supported to come forward so that the truth can be found. I deeply regret any statements I made that might have inhibited that from occurring or been insensitive to victims of abuse.”

Is it just me or does the bolded part sound weird? Why wouldn't he just say he's shocked that this may be real?

/conspiracytheory

Boeheim's statement:

Is it just me or does the bolded part sound weird? Why wouldn't he just say he's shocked that this may be real?

/conspiracytheory

It sounds like a response we wouldn't have heard pre-Paterno. That he's trying to be clear that he wasn't privy to anything that would have made himself culpable. I have no doubt that it is a cover-your-ass phrase, but when the first response of many people will be like bandy's above, I don't blame him.

Man, this makes no sense. Why would this guy keep the recording to himself during the last SU investigation? I mean...he's had it for 9 years. It certainly seems to be be real. I figured this whole thing was going to turn out to be a scam...looks like I was dead wrong.

I don't (yet) see any reason that Boeheim needs to go.

Doesn't matter, he has to go just like JoePa had to be fired.

There was a coverup at PSU and JoePa knew things and did nothing.

As of now, we have no evidence Boeheim knew anything.

Boeheim's statement:

/conspiracytheory

The bolded part isn't too odd when you understand one of the accusers says that Boeheim saw them together in the hotel. Now, if Boeheim saw them and did nothing, well he deserves Joe Pa's fate.

TThe bolded part isn't too odd when you understand one of the accusers says that Boeheim saw them together in the hotel. Now, if Boeheim saw them and did nothing, well he deserves Joe Pa's fate.

Seeing the ballboy with an assistant coach is not weird, is it?

JoePa heard a first hand account of a boy being raped in the shower, and apparently did nothing. Boeheim *might* have seen a ball boy in the team hotel with an assistant coach. The two are in no way comparable, right? Unless more comes out, Boeheim doesn't seem to have done anything wrong.

Seeing the ballboy with an assistant coach is not weird, is it?

JoePa heard a first hand account of a boy being raped in the shower, and apparently did nothing. Boeheim *might* have seen a ball boy in the team hotel with an assistant coach. The two are in no way comparable, right? Unless more comes out, Boeheim doesn't seem to have done anything wrong.

Well, a teenage boy in the hotel room I think would be unusual. Plus, when that boy then accuses Fine of molestation and the police investigate, what did Boeheim say to them?

But, no, its not to the same level as what Joe Pa heard.

Well, a teenage boy in the hotel room I think would be unusual. Plus, when that boy then accuses Fine of molestation and the police investigate, what did Boeheim say to them?

But, no, its not to the same level as what Joe Pa heard.

But didn't they say that this guy routinely came on road trips (like NCAA tourney, BE tourney) to baby sit for Fine and other coaches?

Archived