Dear Amber - 2B article

wildcard

Those people were either morons or people you have imagined.

Investing this kind of money into another MIer is stupid.

The Orioles are not going to spend the money you think they should...Why can't you get this? How much more obvious does it need to be for you to figure this out?

Look I see the flyer on Antonelli, but the Orioles have nobody to take over after Roberts. Nobody. Andino is not the future there as Buck has made it clear he wants him to be a super sub.

Nakajima could at least give them some breathing room to develop somebody internally and do an adequate job.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look I see the flyer on Antonelli, but the Orioles have nobody to take over after Roberts. Nobody. Andino is not the future there as Buck has made it clear he wants him to be a super sub.

Nakajima could at least give them some breathing room to develop somebody internally and do an adequate job.

I agree the Orioles should get a player to be the potential heir apparent...that player should be someone you obtain in a trade and someone that is ready to be in AA or AAA.

Schoop may be that guy btw.

But to spend what little money they have to spend, on yet another MIer, is absurd.

You are saying for us to tie up about 25% of our payroll, plus a posting fee, on MIers...that's just a poor way for us to invest.

Not to mention, you are talking about taking up 5 roster spots with those MIers.

I agree the Orioles should get a player to be the potential heir apparent...that player should be someone you obtain in a trade and someone that is ready to be in AA or AAA.

Schoop may be that guy btw.

But to spend what little money they have to spend, on yet another MIer, is absurd.

You are saying for us to tie up about 25% of our payroll, plus a posting fee, on MIers...that's just a poor way for us to invest.

Not to mention, you are talking about taking up 5 roster spots with those MIers.

Andino should be traded IMO as part of a package for a SP. Roberts would be your DH so he's not a MI.

Antonelli would be your supersub and Nakajima would be your backup SS.

Andino should be traded IMO as part of a package for a SP. Roberts would be your DH so he's not a MI.

I mean maybe he can be a minor piece in a trade.

But even if you do that, I still don't think I want to see them spend the money on Nakajima.

Interesting how the guys you regard as worthless can be traded for valuable pieces.

Interesting how the guys you regard as worthless can be traded for valuable pieces.

Right. Andino is the exact opposite of a good trade option. He has real on-field value that won't translate well to the trade market. But you know, dollars-on-the-penny is how Trea likes to swing his deals.

I understand DHing Roberts, and packaging Andino for a SP might be a good idea as well.

However, the rest of this post isn't making sense to me. Earlier you said that Nakajima would be our starting 2B, and now you're saying he'd be the backup SS. That's an awful lot of money to pay for a backup. Did you mean that Nakajima would normally start at 2B, but occasionally spell Hardy at SS?

If that's what you mean, that sounds like a decent plan to me (although whether Nakajima will be an upgrade over Andino or not, who knows).

SS-Hardy

2B-Nakajima

UTI-Antonelli (maybe gets significant time at 3B?)

I understand DHing Roberts, and packaging Andino for a SP might be a good idea as well.

However, the rest of this post isn't making sense to me. Earlier you said that Nakajima would be our starting 2B, and now you're saying he'd be the backup SS. That's an awful lot of money to pay for a backup. Did you mean that Nakajima would normally start at 2B, but occasionally spell Hardy at SS?

If that's what you mean, that sounds like a decent plan to me (although whether Nakajima will be an upgrade over Andino or not, who knows).

SS-Hardy

2B-Nakajima

UTI-Antonelli (maybe gets significant time at 3B?)

Right. He'd be the backup SS as Antonelli can't play SS. So if Hardy were to become hurt, Antonelli would play 2B and Nakajima would slide over to SS.

Andino is redundant with Antonelli there if you sign Nakajima, and he's more expensive than Antonelli while delivering likely the same or worse output offensively.

If we're going after any japanese position players I think it'd be a whole lot more lucrative to go after Aoki. A decent LF would be welcomed by me and we could just have Reimold split some DH time with Scott (if he is not non-tendered, but thats another discussion)

Right. He'd be the backup SS as Antonelli can't play SS. So if Hardy were to become hurt, Antonelli would play 2B and Nakajima would slide over to SS.
Oh ok. I assumed that's what you meant but I wasn't quite sure. I'm liking this direction because I think that Andino+prospects could get us a solid SP back, plus we'd have some nice infield depth in Nakajima/Hardy/Antonelli/Davis/Reynolds.

Are people actually putting Andino out there as a major piece of a trade? LOL Yeah, we can get a solid SP for Andino and prospects if the prospects names are Dylan Bundy, Manny Machado, and Zach Britton. Heck, we should have kept Craig Tatum and packaged him for a cleanup hitter.

A good defensive MI who is versatile and could easily fit in as a good team's 7 or 8 hitter doesn't have any trade value?

Archived