Do you approve of DD's first trade?

ChaosLex

Do you approve of DD's first trade?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of DD's first trade?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch is now reporting that Texas will get to choose from four Orioles prospects who are eligible for the Rule 5 draft. So, Miclat et al. I'm very meh on this trade. More than I'd like to give up, though I like Teagarden.

DD is clearly not wedded to our existing prospects. I can see him moving them in spades.

Miclat seems like the type of guy that probably has more value to us than he does to other teams. His defense doesn't play at 3B or SS and his bat doesn't play as a starter. He's another very low probability guy unless is bat progresses to the point that he could be a fringe starter.

Roch is now reporting that Texas will get to choose from four Orioles prospects who are eligible for the Rule 5 draft. So, Miclat et al. I'm very meh on this trade. More than I'd like to give up, though I like Teagarden.

Hmmm... yea, that pushes the arrow from "no big deal" to "not that big of a deal, but really, that seems like a bit much".

Really, we're talking about picking guys from one of the worst developmental systems in all of baseball. No wonder DD doesn't care who he gives up. After the first few names in our OH prospect list, do we even care at all? What role can not be easily filled that we project for any of the other guys on our top 30 list? Duke is trying to improve our major league team by trading C prospects from one of the worst systems in baseball. How can that be bad?

Really, we're talking about picking guys from one of the worst developmental systems in all of baseball. No wonder DD doesn't care who he gives up. After the first few names in our OH prospect list, do we even care at all? What role can not be easily filled that we project for any of the other guys on our top 30 list? Duke is trying to improve our major league team by trading C prospects from one of the worst systems in baseball. How can that be bad?

This. We throw the word "prospect" around here way too much.

Archived