• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, Adam really wants Fielder. Knowing him personally, I was talking to him, and he said "When I was with Fielder after the season, he was a great dude, REALLY funny dude." He went on to say that he wants to stay in Baltimore, if they prove to him that they are committed to winning, and adding a guy like Prince would definitely show him that Baltimore wants to win.

Also, we talked about the young pitching, and Adam said to look out for Matusz and Arrieta this season on the mound, said that they were "bulldogs" and are working their [butts] off. However, the pitcher he is most intrigued by is Strop he said.

Take it for what its worth but Adam wants Fielder in Baltimore to augment the core.

All well and good.....but last I was aware of, Adam Jones didn't sign any of the paychecks, nor did he have the sort of stature in the franchise where he could exert influence on free agent signings.

Fielder's been on a recruiting trip for the past eight days and still has a couple more stops.

Could Baltimore be on the list of destinations?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-brown_hardball_prince_fielder_recruting_trip_122011

Dude I'm more of a reader than a poster but for gods sake give it up. No chance Fielder signs with the O's and I don't care how good of a "friend" he is with Jones.

Dude I'm more of a reader than a poster but for gods sake give it up. No chance Fielder signs with the O's and I don't care how good of a "friend" he is with Jones.

But...but...don't you know Fielder also was friends with Hardy when they played together in Milwaukee? That's TWO bestest buddies in the world that Fielder would have here. He's surely to sign here for a discounted price! :rolleyes:

FWIW, Adam really wants Fielder. Knowing him personally, I was talking to him, and he said "When I was with Fielder after the season, he was a great dude, REALLY funny dude." He went on to say that he wants to stay in Baltimore, if they prove to him that they are committed to winning, and adding a guy like Prince would definitely show him that Baltimore wants to win.

Also, we talked about the young pitching, and Adam said to look out for Matusz and Arrieta this season on the mound, said that they were "bulldogs" and are working their [butts] off. However, the pitcher he is most intrigued by is Strop he said.

Take it for what its worth but Adam wants Fielder in Baltimore to augment the core.

That would be Adam Jones. He went on a tour with Fielder to Europe just recently.

I heard Jones was on the verge of signing a 10/$1 contract extension in order to free up the payroll space necessary to sign Fielder.

You are extremely smart because it's not happening!

Little chance. With him still unsigned and no concrete offers, his price is dropping a bit. If it drops to a certain level I'd expect the O's to jump in...thing is, about 3-4 other teams are thinking the same thing, and they are probably more appealing than Baltimore, so then they'd have to overpay on those teams.

Archived