Nationals have interest in Adam Jones

MrOrange82

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got ya. Is it 1 year after they were drafted or after they signed? If signing date, that would bump it out 'till August, right?

Right, it would be August. In any scenario (except next offseason), Rendon would be a PTBNL. A lot can happen in 6 months time to change both team's interest. I just think this type of deal makes perfect sense, eventually.

uhh. What? Do you have a link for that?

espn insider

baltimore orioles centerfielder adam jones is set for a raise this winter from the $3.25 million he earned in 2011. The o's could try and get jones signed to a multi-year deal, but the club and new gm dan duquette haven't decided which path to take, reports steve melewski of masn.com.

Jones will not be a free agent until after 2013, but his one-year salary for next season could land somewhere north of $5 million. It may behoove the orioles, saving them a little cash over the next two season, to get jones locked up for the long haul.

Jones could be looking at a deal similar to that of the one shane victorino received from the philadelphia phillies two years ago -- three years, $22 million

Not unless I was dealing Matt Wieters as well. If you deal Jones, you'd better blow everything up.

And in that case, you deal Wieters because he will net you a ransom.

Yup, that would be a legit rebuild. So far it seems like the Orioles are still taking a middle path, neither rebuilding nor going "all in" with the players they have. I wonder if the Orioles play poorly in the first half next year if that will convince Duquette and ownership to really blow it up.

Ack, thought I still had an ESPN insider subscription. Wanted to see the byline. I find it very curious that Mewleski felt the need to cite himself in an article he supposedly wrote, but oh well. Regardless of who wrote it, it's ridiculous.

Mewleski wrote this article

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2011/12/dan-duquette-no-decision-on-jones-yet.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Then Churchill the wrote this

Baltimore Orioles centerfielder Adam Jones is set for a raise this winter from the $3.25 million he earned in 2011. The O's could try and get Jones signed to a multi-year deal, but the club and new GM Dan Duquette haven't decided which path to take, reports Steve Melewski of MASN.com.

Jones will not be a free agent until after 2013, but his one-year salary for next season could land somewhere north of $5 million. It may behoove the Orioles, saving them a little cash over the next two season, to get Jones locked up for the long haul.

Jones could be looking at a deal similar to that of the one Shane Victorino received from the Philadelphia Phillies two years ago -- three years, $22 million.

- Jason A. Churchill

Archived