Unhappy Scouts??

beardbr

The ironic thing here is DD essentially said that we don't need to scout guys that we already know...They have a track record and you go with that.

Yet, he dealt for a crappy pitcher in Eveland because, according to some on here, he has developed a new pitch and that has changed him.

So, if a player does that and you aren't scouting him, how will you know?

And if you believe the player is he what he is after a while, why would you trade anything for such a poor pitcher?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So with their new assignments the former "pro" scouts will no longer visit major league ballparks in major league cities to perform their duties. Now they get to go to destinations like Reading, Harrisburg etc.. Correct? Yeah, I guess I'd be pretty pissed too.

Nope, actually they will be going to Central (insert town name here) HS, and showcases in FL and TX.

Keith Law is not a fan:

I'm inclined to think maybe he feels that way because he came from the front office world and can empathize with those guys a little. At least, that's what I hope his reasoning is, because there's no way you can look at the scouting at almost every level of this team over the last decade and conclude something didn't have to change.

But they're not being replaced. This is sort-of ironic - for years we complained that we weren't doing enough advance-scout-wise and that's why crappy journeyman LHPs killed us. DD decimates our advance scouting and we're happy?

In the end, whatever works. But we are a malleable (and feisty) bunch!

In a lot of ways, this is him holding those people accountable...That gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm inclined to think maybe he feels that way because he came from the front office world and can empathize with those guys a little. At least, that's what I hope his reasoning is, because there's no way you can look at the scouting at almost every level of this team over the last decade and conclude something didn't have to change.

Yeah I would guess it's more an issue with how it was done than the idea behind it.

He tends to be right, though.

Just because we don't want to hear someone be negative about our team doesn't make them wrong.

He is on record as loving our picks of Bundy, Machado and signing Schoop. He's not anti-Orioles, the Orioles just haven't given many reasons for praise lately.

Archived