#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there were a stat measuring the gap between how offensive you are when someone else is wrong and how shamelessly evasive you are when you're wrong, you'd be the all-time leader.

Oh boy, gimme evidence!

Actually don't because I care about your feelings towards me the same way I care about what the weather's like in Cairo tomorrow.

I really feel like ordering some Chinese food.

Like, General Tso, maybe some fried rice of some kind, noodles? Or maybe an egg roll instead. The wontons weren't very good last time so honestly, I can't be blamed for not ordering them this time. <i>I will not be defrauded again.</i> On the other hand I could get some soup.

I don't understand why people get ribs. Bad move in my opinion. Sweet and sour soup is universally terrible. On the other hand, egg drop is good. Hmm.

Honestly I wish they'd just leave the fortune cookies out of the bag, it's like, dude, I don't even want these. I still have them in my house from the last time you brought me food, WHY ARE YOU BRINGING ME MORE.

I mean, damn.

I really feel like ordering some Chinese food.

Like, General Tso, maybe some fried rice of some kind, noodles? Or maybe an egg roll instead. The wontons weren't very good last time so honestly, I can't be blamed for not ordering them this time. <i>I will not be defrauded again.</i> On the other hand I could get some soup.

I don't understand why people get ribs. Bad move in my opinion. Sweet and sour soup is universally terrible. On the other hand, egg drop is good. Hmm.

Honestly I wish they'd just leave the fortune cookies out of the bag, it's like, dude, I don't even want these. I still have them in my house from the last time you brought me food, WHY ARE YOU BRINGING ME MORE.

I mean, damn.

Why are you getting Chinese food? No Thai places near you deliver?

Why are you getting Chinese food? No Thai places near you deliver?

If I find one, what should I order?

Thai food is sort of intimidating and alien to me in the sense that I don't have a reliable oh-I-like-this dish to order. And I've been to some Thai places where "hot" means "a bit o' flavor" and others where "hot" means "I hope death arrives swiftly."

Thai food is sort of intimidating and alien to me in the sense that I don't have a reliable oh-I-like-this dish to order. And I've been to some Thai places where "hot" means "a bit o' flavor" and others where "hot" means "I hope death arrives swiftly."

Too much coconut milk in Thai food. /puke

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I love Tom Yum Gai to start, it is a soup made with kaffir lime leaves, chili's, lemongrass, a broth with chicken, ginger and onions. (careful some places don't strain the hunks of ginger out)

The Salads are also good appetizers, I like Yum Pra-Muek, it is a squid salad.

If you want to start off safe then you go with the "standard newbie" Thai dish, Pad Thai, it isn't hot at all and will acclimate you to some of the flavor combinations used in Thai food. They also generally have some fruit and Duck dishes that are very tasty and not hot at all.

You should also try a Thai ice tea, that is if the place near you makes it with milk/cream, it is quite the experience.

That will be a good start for you to see if you like the flavor suite that Thai brings. If you do you can start challenging yourself with the Curries. There will not be anything too extreme at American Thai restaurants. Just don't order anything past medium heat unless you have an iron tongue, I will order hot sometimes but I specify "not Thai hot".

I love Tom Yum Gai to start, it is a soup made with kaffir lime leaves, chili's, lemongrass, a broth either chicken, ginger and onions. (careful some places don't strain the hunks of ginger out)

The Salads are also good appetizers, I like Yum Pra-Muek, it is a squid salad.

If you want to start off safe then you go with the "standard newbie" Thai dish, Pad Thai, it isn't hot at all and will acclimate you to some of the flavor combinations used in Thai food. They also generally have some fruit and Duck dishes that are very tasty and not hot at all.

You should also try a Thai ice tea, that is if the place near you makes it with milk/cream, it is quite the experience.

That will be a good start for you to see if you like the flavor suite that Thai brings. If you do you can start challenging yourself with the Curries. There will not be anything too extreme at American Thai restaurants. Just don't order anything past medium heat unless you have an iron tongue, I will order hot sometimes but I specify "not Thai hot".

There's a good Thai joint at Gallery Place at Verizon Center I like to eat at on game nights. I generally keep it to the mild/medium stuff, last time I had some amazing duck.

There's a good Thai joint at Gallery Place at Verizon Center I like to eat at on game nights. I generally keep it to the mild/medium stuff, last time I had some amazing duck.

I love Thai duck. I have yet to have duck at a Thai places where the skin wasn't properly crispy.

Also if you get the fried rice at a Thai place, ask them to throw in some Thai Basil, it takes fried rice to another level.

I love Thai duck. I have yet to have duck at a Thai places where the skin wasn't properly crispy.

Also if you get the fried rice at a Thai place, ask them to throw in some Thai Basil, it takes fried rice to another level.

I'll have to do that next time for sure. That was my favorite part too, the crispy skin but still moist duck was amazing, and the sauce was killer. It was almost like a tangy General Tso sauce. Now you got me hungry again...

Archived