#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

Teheran's one of the top pitching prospects in baseball. He'd be the clear top choice. Vizcaino and Delgado are pretty close for me. Beachy then Minor would be behind those three.

They feel that Vizcaino might have arm issues and could end up as a reliever. Delgado is kind of a soft tosser IIRC. If you emailed a Braves fan and said Jones for JJ, Delgado/Minor and Prado than they would say no. Add Teheran instead of Delgado/Minor and they would go crazy IMO. I worry that I want more than for Jones than he is worth.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we got JJ, Prado, and Beachy/Minor out of the deal, I'd be pretty happy...especially if we're able to flip JJ sometime during the season.

If we stole Teheran somehow I'd leave now to drive Jones to the airport and pack up his house for him...and I like Jones.

If we got JJ, Prado, and Beachy/Minor out of the deal, I'd be pretty happy...especially if we're able to flip JJ sometime during the season.

If we get JJ, Beachy/Minor and Prado than I want Prado or Reimold flipped for Floyd to set us up to land a bat to replace Jones. I think Jones offense is easily fixed by signing a guy like Cespedes or (shhh, Fielder).

They feel that Vizcaino might have arm issues and could end up as a reliever. Delgado is kind of a soft tosser IIRC. If you emailed a Braves fan and said Jones for JJ, Delgado/Minor and Prado than they would say no. Add Teheran instead of Delgado/Minor and they would go crazy IMO. I worry that I want more than for Jones than he is worth.

You only get to trade him once coming off last years numbers. If you feel lucky, you keep him and trade him later.

You only get to trade him once coming off last years numbers. If you feel lucky, you keep him and trade him later.

I would deal him because I do not see us matching up better with another team, but I would need my asking price to move him.

One of:

JJ

Beachy

One of:

Teheran

Delgado

Minor

One of:

Simmons

Salcedo

and Prado to replace Jones (Depending on the package)

All of that would depend on the quality of player I got back in each round.

Low 90's, touching 96. Good sink on his FB. Secondaries need some additional polish.

Teheran's one of the top pitching prospects in baseball. He'd be the clear top choice. Vizcaino and Delgado are pretty close for me. Beachy then Minor would be behind those three.

Beachy's career K/9 in the minors is above 10. He also throws harder than Julio. Why is Teheran so coveted?

Low 90's, touching 96. Good sink on his FB. Secondaries need some additional polish.

The report I read was showing 91, touching 96 with good sink is a good FB. I hope that his change-up comes around, but he needs at least three pitches to strive in the AL East and two of them had better be really good IMO.

Jones to ATL for Jurrjens' date=' Minor, and Prado.

Flip Prado and a prospect to CHI for Floyd

So... we could possibly end up trading Jones & a prospect for Jurrjens, Minor, and Floyd. I'd LOVE that deal.[/quote']

Yup, if we deal Jones this needs to be the return IMO. It COULD fix our pitching rotation and if one of our young arms outside of Britton develop than we are in position to deal someone outside of Guthrie for prospects. I like Adam Jones and think he has some real ability, but I like the odds of competing with a decent starting staff more than I like the team with 3/5's of a rotation and Adam Jones.

Archived