And Buster Olney takes a little shot as well

ChaosLex

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people post articles that criticize the Orioles and then take shots at the author? We know what they are saying is true. The team is awful. It will continue to be awful in the future as nothing is being done to improve it. How hard is that to digest.

Why do people post articles that criticize the Orioles and then take shots at the author? We know what they are saying is true. The team is awful. It will continue to be awful in the future as nothing is being done to improve it. How hard is that to digest.

Do you think saying it again will help us?

Again, this was a 140 character comment by Olney, not some long article. Expecting him to do more than he did is pretty ridiculous.

Especially when the guys on XM said the EXACT same thing about us this morning on XM. They said we were circling like vultures trying to pick at the remnants of Free Agency. Then they debated the merits of signing E. Jackson (BTW this was all triggered by a phone call from a fan I highly suspect was Who's On First) for about 20 minutes all the while saying he's got good stuff, but he's very inconsistent. Even in his no-hitter he walked like 8 people. For a good team it might not make sense, but for the Orioles a 3 year deal might fit.

I'd like to have seem trades of Guthrie, Jones, etc. done for the right packages.

Otherwise, I'm happy that DD is making the appropriate organizational changes. More needs to be done. I'd like a real rebuild than a halfass one, personally.

What does this mean, exactly?

Especially when the guys on XM said the EXACT same thing about us this morning on XM. They said we were circling like vultures trying to pick at the remnants of Free Agency. Then they debated the merits of signing E. Jackson (BTW this was all triggered by a phone call from a fan I highly suspect was Who's On First) for about 20 minutes all the while saying he's got good stuff, but he's very inconsistent. Even in his no-hitter he walked like 8 people. For a good team it might not make sense, but for the Orioles a 3 year deal might fit.

Is there a FA we should have signed but didn't? I'm curious who these guys think we should have gone for since they seem to be remarking negatively about what we are doing.

I suppose a lot of radio is just for entertainment.. actual thought isn't a requirement.

Well, it's 100% true.

God forbid we try to do any thinking outside of the box.

The Orioles have signed guys from about every country other than New Guinea this off season. You can be critical of some things, but saying DD has not thought outside of the box is just not true. Hell, they signed a teenage softball player for cripes sake.

The Orioles have signed guys from about every country other than New Guinea this off season. You can be critical of some things, but saying DD has not thought outside of the box is just not true. Hell, they signed a teenage softball player for cripes sake.

The deal for the New Guinean second baseman fell through?

I think what really bothers me about this is not the facts...it's just the point that it "needed" to be stated. O's fans know they suck. Why do we need to be reminded? Anyone who remotely follows baseball knows the Orioles are a bad team playing in the best division in baseball.

Do these national guys go out of their way to criticize the Astros or other teams that will no doubt be bad?

I think what really bothers me about this is not the facts...it's just the point that it "needed" to be stated. O's fans know they suck. Why do we need to be reminded? Anyone who remotely follows baseball knows the Orioles are a bad team playing in the best division in baseball.

Do these national guys go out of their way to criticize the Astros or other teams that will no doubt be bad?

I don;t have an issue if they want to bash the owner.. but what exactly do they expect a GM to do when taking over a team / organization in such disarray? Not MiL assets to trade from, and few MLB assets. No available money for elite FA's.

I think he's doing a fantastic job thus far... it may not all work out.. but ...

Is there a FA we should have signed but didn't? I'm curious who these guys think we should have gone for since they seem to be remarking negatively about what we are doing.

I suppose a lot of radio is just for entertainment.. actual thought isn't a requirement.

Pujlos, Fielder, etc etc. Basically any of the top 20 free agents who played in the bigs last year. They don't need to names we know we could use help at just about any position except catcher and shortstop. We could use a lead off hitter, we could use a clean-up hitter. We could use someone who steals bases. We could use someone who drives in runs. We could use a lot of starting pitching and we could use some relief pitching.

The orioles are an easy target as they are the worst run team in baseball. How to change this? Make some efforts to improve the team. The only way this is going to change is if the team signs some serious players or improves dramaticaly on the field.

I hear this on local radio. The local guys blast the Orioles. Make fun of them. Fans call in and make fun of them before they talk about the ravens. You know the ravens season is over and the orioles are going to start spring training soon and people are still only interested in the ravens on local talk radio.

Archived