Rosenthal: O's and A's are teams most interested in Manny Ramirez

ChaosLex

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't wish any ill will Josh Hamilton's way. I truly hope this stuff is not true and he continues on his recovery.

That being said, I still feel like the Rangers would be a good fit for Jones. And...we wouldn't need to get Hamilton back in any package with them.

It is true and I feel bad for him. He evidently tested clean for drugs though.

I told you guys Duq loves him some Manny.

Let's be honest here. Whether or not Manny can perform like his old self. Hes a much better hitter in the middle of this lineup than Guerrero was. Steroids or not, the guy knows how to hit and won't swing at everything that is thrown in his direction.

For this lineup to be respectable, you're going to have to settle for Ramirez if there is no trade in the works. good or bad, there is no 3 hitter in this lineup. He hasn't been there since Palmeiro left. This kind of situation is our only hope of catching lightning in a bottle for this season.

One thing is for certain, this team would have someone with personality and enjoyable to watch. Rather than seeing stone face Weiters, Berken, Bergensen, etc.

Let's be honest here. Whether or not Manny can perform like his old self. Hes a much better hitter in the middle of this lineup than Guerrero was. Steroids or not, the guy knows how to hit and won't swing at everything that is thrown in his direction.

For this lineup to be respectable, you're going to have to settle for Ramirez if there is no trade in the works. good or bad, there is no 3 hitter in this lineup. He hasn't been there since Palmeiro left. This kind of situation is our only hope of catching lightning in a bottle for this season.

One thing is for certain, this team would have someone with personality and enjoyable to watch. Rather than seeing stone face Weiters, Berken, Bergensen, etc.

You're a tremendous poster who's contributed outstanding, inner-circle-esque insights to the Hangout, but the above triggered my gag reflex.

This sounds like a situation where Manny's agent got to Rosenthal and planted this story to make it sound like a few teams were interested in him. With all of the baggage Manny has I think signing him would be an embarassment to this once proud highly thought of franchise that is creeping along trying to maintain their image that has been declining for over 14 years. DD has made some nice moves with his new assistants, coaches and some of his signings this year. He has not added any impact type of players to the roster yet which is surprising. If he signs Manny he will lose points fast with Oriole fans and people in baseball around the country. Don't do it DD.

Talk to your cousin Jim and take a few pointers from him. Sign Damon or Matsui and trade for Floyd and you might be able to walk on the thin ice that lies ahead of us during this 2012 season. Everything needs to be perfect with our new pitching additions and hopefully some of our hitters will put up better numbers as well.

I tend to agree with Sox on this one. The price tag is going to be low so I don't see the harm in giving the guy a look for around $1 million.

I tweeted Rosenthal saying this didn't make sense since we get Betemit..His response was that Betimet plays a position.

His response should have been that Betemit can't hit lefties, so Manny could be used in a DH platoon. I'm still very much against this signing, but there is a logical place for him, though I would question the decision to have two guys who can't play the field on the same team.

I tend to agree with Sox on this one. The price tag is going to be low so I don't see the harm in giving the guy a look for around $1 million.

It takes PAs away from guys who at least have a chance at producing in the future. Would you rather see what Manny Ramirez can do at the plate, or what Miller, Flaherty, Antonelli, and Reimold can?

You're a tremendous poster who's contributed outstanding, inner-circle-esque insights to the Hangout, but the above triggered my gag reflex.

I didn't say I was thrilled about it. I just said he's the best option right now barring trade. And Duq loves him. Plus he will provide us fans some entertainment for another season that will be lackluster.

The only way we get a Pujols, Fielder, type of player is if we bring them up in our system. And we have a guy in Duq that knows how to develop talent. I've seen it with my own eyes with the Expos in 94 since I had a very good friend on that team. And when he came to the Sox. Most of those guys on that team were his guys he developed. And that by far was one of the most talented teams ever assembled.

Unfortunately, for us. We've heard that song and dance of we have to be patient... And a lot of people won't give Duq a chance to operate.

Archived