Rosenthal: O's and A's are teams most interested in Manny Ramirez

ChaosLex

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't stress guys. Angelos is too cheap to pay the $1 million anyway.

I can see it now: Manny is seeking a 1-year deal for $1 million, and since Duquette is the best at 'monitoring the market', will sign him to a 2-month $50,000 contract with an opt out after 1 month.:rofl:

Yea the same Angelos that signed off on wasting 8 million on Vlad is now too cheap to pay 1 million for Manny...

PA has enough flaws as an owner that you don't need to accuse him falsely. He has proven that he is willing to sign an over the hill vet.

I'm sorry, but I like this. Even if he's only 50% of what he used to be, he'll give the most production per dollar than any other free agent. Yes, it's a risk, but from a pure on-field and financial standpoint, there's not much to lose. I don't care if Cespedis can do a leg press with poor form...he hasn't shown that he can be a major league player. Manny knows how to play baseball and is (purely financially and performance speaking) a better investment.

I'm sorry, but I like this. Even if he's only 50% of what he used to be, he'll give the most production per dollar than any other free agent. Yes, it's a risk, but from a pure on-field and financial standpoint, there's not much to lose. I don't care if Cespedis can do a leg press with poor form...he hasn't shown that he can be a major league player. Manny knows how to play baseball and is (purely financially and performance speaking) a better investment.

Posts like this make me wish I was too stupid to read. No offense.

Posts like this make me wish I was too stupid to read. No offense.

The same applies to yours. No offense of course.

He would be at best 50% of what he was when he took his last at bat... and that was pathetic

He is a complete waste of money and roster space.

I will return my tickets if they sign him... even if I have to pay someone to take them

Suit yourself if you haven't seen enough hyped up physically gifted players amount to nothing. Maybe Wily Mo Pena is looking for a ten million dollar contract.

Your post was forehead-into-wall worthy because it basically ignores recent history while claiming to be completely mindful of recent history (i.e., "look at all those failed prospects"...well, look at Vlad and Derrek Lee). Manny would simply serve no purpose on this team whatsoever. The odds are WAY against his being productive, given his age and probable lack of performance enhancers. He couldn't play the field even as a younger, "pumped up" player, so he'd have to be a DH of next-to-no value. He's not someone you want "mentoring" younger players in any capacity. He wouldn't generate a ton of fan interest because he's over the hill, his reputation is awful, and the O's would be just as awful (in a different sense) regardless of his presence. And he'd be taking up a roster spot when other, most likely even cheaper, players could match of exceed his "shadow-of-former-self" production.

Hoping the O's sign him is tantamount to saying "so...just found the escape hatch to that bomb shelter...anything interesting happen over the last, I dunno, decade or so?"

Archived