NCAA Tournament Thread

Pedro Cerrano

C'mon Loyola and Patsos, do it for McNulty. Started up 6-1, now 6-5. Honestly, they seem to be rushing and aware they are outclassed.

Down 42-31 at half. MD representation is on its way out.

I feel old knowing that Fred Hoiberg is now head coach at Iowa St.

Wow. I do clearly remember when the mayor came into the NBA. Actually, me and some good friends called him chode and teased another friend for having a similar game.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever. NMS is the #67 team in defensive efficiency. IU was the easiest cover of the day.

Indiana seems to be one of the more underrated teams in the tourney. If they're shooting the 3 well, they can beat anybody because it stretches the defense and leaves Zeller wide open inside.

Indiana seems to be one of the more underrated teams in the tourney. If they're shooting the 3 well, they can beat anybody because it stretches the defense and leaves Zeller wide open inside.

We'll see. IU does have a few offensive weapons. It was an easy match-up tonight as NMS is weak defensively and was 1-6 against the RPI top 100. The second half started out as a layup clinic by IU - hitting 11 of our first 16 shots or so - easy baskets.

IU lacks a true point guard (until next year) and is likely to be a big factors given VCU' defensive pressure. Tonight's easy baskets are not going to be there versus VCU. One might think IU is a big step up in class for VCU, but VCU just beat the #10 KenPom ranked team on a nuetral court - IU is #11. VCU looked pretty good tonight and perhaps a couple levels quicker than IU - which may be the deciding factor on Saturday.

Hard to believe IU is a win away from the sweet sixteen when I was just hoping to be a borderline top 50 team this year.

Whatever. NMS is the #67 team in defensive efficiency. IU was the easiest cover of the day.

Yea but that doesn't change the fact that when watching those 2 teams, NM St had a lot of clear advantages and chose not to take advantage of them.

Had they spent the game pounding the ball inside, attacking Zeller and getting him into foul trouble, they could have easily won.

But they played stupid basketball and Indiana played well.

Archived