NCAA Tournament Thread

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should get to sweet 16...don't like Xavier in round 2 if they get there. UNLV/Baylor is a tough matchup for them.

Xavier is a tough matchup for them. Baylor is very good. Indiana, IMO, is the best #4 seed and, of course, they are in Kentucky's region.

I think Kentucky got sort of screwed. This is a tough tough region.

Some thoughts:

1) Duke and Kentucky could play on 20th anniversary of Laettner shot...you are telling me that isn't thought about?

2) I think Kansas got the easiest draw of ANY #1 or #2 seed to get to elite 8...but their first round game is going to be tough. Detroit is for real and Ray McCallum was a top 50 recruit that chose to go to a small school.

3) Look at the potential second round matchups for the top teams:

Kentucky vs UCONN

Memphis vs MSU

Mizzou vs Florida

Cuse vs K State

Tough matchups.

4) I have Wichita St in sweet 16 but tough to have them beat Kentucky...but if Kentucky loses, WSU will be in elite 8.

5) UNC's second round matchup will either be against a team that can score but not defend or a team that can defend but not score. If I am them, I don't want Alabama who is very athletic and can really defend.

Excited to see IU in the tourney again.

Wichita State/IU should be a really good game. I think both are inside KenPom top 15. Not complaining. Just happy to be here. Let's lace them up and play.

A tough road for Kentucky, IMO. Almost guaranteed to have to go through UConn, one of Wichita State/IU, and Baylor/Duke (would be an excellent game).

Excited to see IU in the tourney again.

Wichita State/IU should be a really good game. I think both are inside KenPom top 15. Not complaining. Just happy to be here. Let's lace them up and play.

A tough road for Kentucky, IMO. Almost guaranteed to have to go through UConn, one of Wichita State/IU, and Baylor/Duke (would be an excellent game).

Indiana in big trouble in round 1.

Who does everyone like in the Midwest? Is UNC the best team? Does Georgetown have a chance?

I don't claim to be a NCAA guy, just looking not to look like a moron filling out my bracket. :)

North Carolina may be the best team, but I think that if they make the Elite Eight, they very well may go down against either San Diego State or Georgetown .......... OK, maybe Kansas, too.

Duke got a very tough draw IMO. No that it matters, because they aren't going to get too far this year in any event. I think they could lost their second round game.

On to the dance!

I think that Duke might pull together in an "us against the world" manner, due to them losing a number one seed with their 2 late-season losses to North Carolina and Florida State, plus as you stated, their tough draw. If they can get by the winner of the Notre Dame/Xavier game in the second round, I think that they will make the Final Four.

Archived