Mussina elected to Orioles Hall of Fame! (Also Dauer and Youse) w/Mussina reaction

Frobby

Are you happy that Mussina was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy that Mussina was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame?

• Yes - he deserved it based on his pitching, so he should be in
    • No - he was disloyal and should have been kept out

This poll is closed to new votes

My heart ached as much as anyone's the first time I saw Mussina wearing a Yankee hat. That being said, I do not and have never thought it was fair to call the man a "traitor." Traitors don't sign long-term undervalued contracts to stay with their team (as he did the first time around). Angelos low-balled him the second time around, and Moose became offended. How can I blame him for that? I probably would have acted worse if it was me. The man made a decision based on what was best for his family and, well, his self-esteem. Quality workers want to feel properly respected and rewarded for their hard work. That applies to anyone, even him.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I know is if I was married to a woman for 10 years. She was a good wife for those 10 years and at the end I find out she is sleeping with my worst enemy, im not carrying a picture of her around in my wallet. Mussina pitched well for alot of years for the Orioles, good for him and good for the Orioles, but sometimes your actions lead to you not reaping some rewards in the future. I would not have put him in.

What an asinine analogy. So, Mussina was playing for the Yankees while still on the Orioles? How about this:

All I know is if I was married to a woman for 10 years. She was a good wife for those 10 years but by the end I had mismanaged all of our household finances, sold off assets for poor returns, and took out a second mortgage on the house. All without allowing any input from her. She divorced me. Frankly, I'm lucky she still talks to me.

Brain admitted and accepted responsibility for his actions, that makes him better in character to me. But still not deserving (again my opinion and not based soley on #'s).

Brian said he used ONE time. If you really believe that, then I choose to believe Raffy when he says Miggy gave him tainted B-12.

All I know is if I was married to a woman for 10 years. She was a good wife for those 10 years and at the end I find out she is sleeping with my worst enemy, im not carrying a picture of her around in my wallet. Mussina pitched well for alot of years for the Orioles, good for him and good for the Orioles, but sometimes your actions lead to you not reaping some rewards in the future. I would not have put him in.

What if you were married for ten years and then found out your wife was a lying *****? Would you continue putting up with it or would you get the heck out?

What if you were married for ten years and then found out your wife was a lying *****? Would you continue putting up with it or would you get the heck out?

I know we're doing a parody here but if she lies and says she loves me, I'm good! Alyssa Milano come right on down....

And oh btw - I was also good with Moose leaving - he wasn't going to win much more with the rag tag scene in Baltimore so go for it. I did not wish him well but go grab a ring if you can...

What is asinine is that you read that into my post, never did I say she was cheating. I said there were 10 good years, at the end I find out she is sleeping with the enemy. As to your scenerio, to consider it, I would have to assume you got someone to marry you, im not willing to take that leap:D

I'm with Tony!

Statistically I understand it hard to keep him out of the Orioles HOF forever...but he shouldn't be there now. It doesn't take much to keep players out f Cooperstown on the 1st ballot and leaving for the MFY's should be enough to keep him out of the Oriole's HOF for the first couple of years if not for life. One day, yes he needs to be in, but not now.

I am amazed at fans who blame Mussina for taking the Yankees contract when Angelos is clearly to blame.
I am amazed at fans who blame Angelos for Mussina leaving when he was clearly played by Mussina and his agent. Angelos asked for and was told he'd have a chance to beat any offers and they didn't do that. Mussina's (and his agent's) word means nothing.

Cal is friends with AROD and Jeter...Speaks highly of them often.

He owns a TB MiL team.

Does this make him a traitor?

At no point have I ever had to watch Cal swing a bat in pinstripes. Therefore, he not a traitor.

Archived