Curt Schilling: Red Sox are growing tired of Valentine

SammyBirdland

Speaking on WEEI earlier this week, former pitcher Curt Schilling said that several players have complained to him about Valentine's behavior.

"I thought that the manager that managed the Mets that I was not a big fan of was now going to be a different manager, and I don't think there's anything different at all," Schilling said. "And I don't think that that is going to be conducive to doing well here. There's a lot of things I think that are happening not just from his perspective, but when you talk to these guys -- and I'm still talking to some of these guys -- I don't think this is going well. And I think it's going bad quicker than I expected it to."

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2012/03/curt_schilling_red_sox_are_gro.html

Most agree that a manager makes little if any difference towards winning. If the team plays well it will go well for Valentine, if the team plays poorly it will go very poorly. The only thing Valentine brings to the party is a really low rock bottom, which is why I wondered about the signing in the first place.

Archived