ORIOLES vs. TIGERS 3/30

OFFNY

Perhaps Matusz is just an awful pitcher. I don't understand all the Matusz and Reynolds love on this board. If Matusz is not awful he will suceed in triple A and then be brought back up. If he is awful he will be mediocre in triple A and stay down there. Neither version hurts him or his future.

Let's keep things in context. I thought he was awful last year. I'm not in love with him, I'm not even convinced he's over all his issues. Check out the thread I started yesterday re: pitcher w/ the most upside. However, you're writing him off calling him awful? He hasn't been awfull his entire career nor this spring after a lot of hard work this spring. I just think it does more good to start him here than in Norfolk.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's keep things in context. I thought he was awful last year. I'm not in love with him, I'm not even convinced he's over all his issues. Check out the thread I started yesterday re: pitcher w/ the most upside. However, you're writing him off calling him awful? He hasn't been awfull his entire career nor this spring after a lot of hard work this spring. I just think it does more good to start him here than in Norfolk.

Well supposing he isn't awful. And he gets hammered around in april and then gets sent down. Don't you think it would be better for him to get a month or two of sucess in the minors and then bring him up? I thought this year was about earning your spot on the team Matusz has not earned it. Let him fight his way back to the majors.

Reynolds career has been awful. 2010 was worse than 2011. .4 war versus .5 war. Matusz has had only two seasons in the majors. One ok one god awful. There is nothing wrong with him being in Triple A. He was rushed to the majors. Perhaps some time in Triple A will straighten him out. No reason to feed him to the wolves at this point.

Actually Reynolds was awful in Sept/Oct of 2010. His lowest OPS prior to playing hurt at the end of the season was .732 in May. The .291 OPS he put up in Sept/Oct, when he was injured and had no business playing, heavily skewed his numbers.

Reynolds career has been awful. 2010 was worse than 2011. .4 war versus .5 war. Matusz has had only two seasons in the majors. One ok one god awful. There is nothing wrong with him being in Triple A. He was rushed to the majors. Perhaps some time in Triple A will straighten him out. No reason to feed him to the wolves at this point.
Reynolds was 2.3 fWAR in 2010, with a 1.7 UZR. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Reynolds was 2.3 fWAR in 2010, with a 1.7 UZR. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

I am using the stats on baseball reference. Obviously you are using fanagraphs. Which if they are like they are for pitchers are completely worthless.

Reynolds fielding at third base is more than just errors. he just shouldn't be there. He is better at first. But he isn't good enough offensively no matter where he plays.

Archived