ORIOLES vs. TIGERS 3/30

OFFNY

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the most promising pitchers in our organization had a rough year, the worst on record yes. He's worked his tail off and for the most part we have seen marked improvement this spring. IDK who it was posted that sending him down is like punishing him for last year. That's sounds like what you want here. Wada is not ready either IMO, and Matusz is our future. If not we better find out in a hurry. Sending him down after the work he's put in is the wrong message.

Perhaps Matusz is just an awful pitcher. I don't understand all the Matusz and Reynolds love on this board. If Matusz is not awful he will suceed in triple A and then be brought back up. If he is awful he will be mediocre in triple A and stay down there. Neither version hurts him or his future.

I like how two weeks ago we had about 10 guys buying for the number 5 spot in the rotation. Now we have 2 guys, Matusz and Wada. And if that's the case I am going with Matusz. Wada just seems like a left Koji. And Koji was no good in the rotation.

Yup,O's have deep dreck. I think Britton will be very important as the year goes on. Matusz will be hit around till then.

If they can't trade Reynoilds maybe we can work a trade for a solid glove @ 3rd and put Reynolds @Dh. or back at first I thought he played a great 1stbase for us last yr

Please find me any stats to back up this statement. I will rep you every chance I get till you hit 500 posts if you can prove your statement.

Perhaps Matusz is just an awful pitcher. I don't understand all the Matusz and Reynolds love on this board. If Matusz is not awful he will suceed in triple A and then be brought back up. If he is awful he will be mediocre in triple A and stay down there. Neither version hurts him or his future.

I think it's because most people are capable of looking at their whole careers and not just last season.

I think it's because most people are capable of looking at their whole careers and not just last season.

Reynolds career has been awful. 2010 was worse than 2011. .4 war versus .5 war. Matusz has had only two seasons in the majors. One ok one god awful. There is nothing wrong with him being in Triple A. He was rushed to the majors. Perhaps some time in Triple A will straighten him out. No reason to feed him to the wolves at this point.

This is from the Sun:

Showalter said he plans to have 13 hitters and 12 pitchers on his Opening Day roster. That means it looks like, if healthy, Nick Johnson will make the club as a bench player along with Ryan Flaherty, Paulino and Endy Chavez. Showalter isn’t announcing the 13, but the only position player in camp who doesn’t look like he’ll make the club is outfielder Jai Miller.

I guess they consider betemit the DH?

Archived