BOLD Predictions

SilentJames

I think people are really underestimating Boston.

If they fail, I think issues with Bobby V will be the reason(unless they have a rash of injuries of course)...not the talent on the team.

They are definitely talented but I think that the issues with Valentine are serious.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Phillies win less than 90 games after 97 and 102 the last two years.

Astros win #1 pick but O's get second.

The Cain signing and Dodgers ownership shange means Hamels leaves Philly.

Angels win it all

On the O's:

-The Orioles will win 82 games this year.

-Matusz wins 15-18 games with a 3.75 era

-Tillman will finally turn things around and become a very good starter for us.

-Wieters hits 30+ homers and drives in close to 100 runs.

-Markakis has one of his better offensive years and hits between 22-25 homers.

-Jones is traded at the trade deadline.

-LJ Hoes will make his major league debut in June of this year.

On the farm:

-Manny Machado, Jonanthan Schoop, LJ Hoes, and Xavier Avery take big steps forward statistically.

-Parker Bridwell has a very good year and becomes our #2 pitching prospect behind Dylan Bundy.

-Nick Delmonico will open a lot of eyes this year.

I think the Yankees may finish third in our division and not even make the playoffs. They are an old ball club.

People have been thinking this for years. Not saying it can't happen, but the Orioles will need to move up to their level before they sniff our level.

Bold predictions : This team will have a chance to reach high 70's in wins. Or they will finally hit the 100 loss mark. Could go either way.

AJ will be moved, and the fans will certainly regret it.

Nick will continue to be mediocre in relation to the amount of money owed.

MW will put up monster fantasy numbers finally.

The pitching will be improved over last year, bit still be in the bottom of the AL.

Really nothing bold here.

Mine:

- Riemold >30 HR

- Arrieta finishes season in AAA, but Tillman manages to eventually claim and hold a MLB spot.

- O's have a pitching staff that finishes in the top half of the majors

- .825+ OPS from Markakis.

- Red Sox miss the playoffs

- Nats don't miss the playoffs.

- Votto resigns with Cinci for at least $180M

Well, I'm already 1 for 1. How're you guys doing?

Brian Roberts plays more games this year than last year and we have a tough decision as to what to do with him and Andino as their offense ends up being very similar (due to Andino's rise and not Roberts fall).

Roberts offense would have to be a lot better then Andino's to make up for the probable difference in defense.

Brian Roberts plays more games this year than last year and we have a tough decision as to what to do with him and Andino as their offense ends up being very similar (due to Andino's rise and not Roberts fall).

I think an Andino/Roberts platoon would be perfect, but the real question is, who comes of the 25-man if Roberts comes back?

Mark Reynolds isn't in the top 3 for MLB strikeouts.

O's finish in 4th, above .500-- Blue Jays in 5th

Matusz, Jones, and Wieters are All-Stars

Jones is traded at the deadline.

Wieters is known as "the best catcher in the majors" and finishes top 5 in MVP (Hey he does play for the O's)

I think an Andino/Roberts platoon would be perfect, but the real question is, who comes of the 25-man if Roberts comes back?

Well, we just KNOW that Kevin Gregg is way too valuable to the morale of this team to take him off. :angryfire:

c

And regarding the fact that Roberts is a position-player and Gregg is a pitcher, I know plenty of Oriole fans that would much rather go with one less pitcher and one additional position-player if it meant ridding ourselves of Gregg.

Archived