BOLD Predictions

SilentJames

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Robert Andino 9th inning single knocks the Red Sox out of the playoffs in Game 162....oh wait, that happened already.

I predict this year the Red Sox will be eliminated before Game 162.

Adam Jones hits 30 dingers.

Matt Wieters posts an .850+ OPS.

Justin Verlander wins his 2nd straight Cy Young award.

Cecil Fielder posts an OPS under .850.

The Tigers' ERA goes up a half-run per game.

The Angels win the World Series.

A Robert Andino 9th inning single knocks the Red Sox out of the playoffs in Game 162....oh wait, that happened already.

I predict this year the Red Sox will be eliminated before Game 162.

Adam Jones hits 30 dingers.

Matt Wieters posts an .850+ OPS.

Justin Verlander wins his 2nd straight Cy Young award.

Cecil Fielder posts an OPS under .850.

The Tigers' ERA goes up a half-run per game.

The Angels win the World Series.

Even so he is a shew in for comeback player of the year.:laughlol:

One of New York/Boston will NOT make the postseason.

Milwaukee will still in the NL Central (their pitching is still good, and they still have the NL MVP)

Miguel Cabrera will not play more than 50 games at 3B this year (probably more like 35-40), making Reynolds (still) the worst defensive 3B in the AL.

The 2012 Phillies are the 1998 Orioles. They will get old, quickly. The injury bug already has them, they will fall from first to (nearly) worst in the NL East.

As for the Orioles:

- Matt Wieters will crack .800 OPS

- Adam Jones will repeat and put up similar numbers to 2011 (but will not make any noticable improvement)

- Wei-Yin Chen will be on the DL or in the bullpen by late-May.

- Nick Johnson will lead the team in OBP

- Kevin Gregg will once again see several save situation situations in 2012 despite another WHIP over 1.4. He will be traded in August for nothing (with us eating his salary) and go on to be lights out for the last 2 months of the season.

Boston will fade, Toronto will suprise. Tampa Bay's injuries will hurt them. Cleveland will have an improved year. Angels take the West. Phillies hang on for one more year. Cards win Central, Rockies win West.

O's have one of the top five worst records in the game, Reimold plays himself off the team. Davis and Reynolds go for a record. The pitching still has the highest ERA in the league.

Adam Jones records a first half that puts him on pace for 35 HR and 90+ RBI to go along with an .875ish OPS...and finishes the year with a different team.

Markakis' average hovers around .260 until the all-star break...after which it continues to hover around .260. His power is nonexistent. And though he continues to play good defense in RF, he solidifies his place at/near the top of the conversation regarding the worst Orioles contracts ever.

Mark Reynolds carries a BA of greater than .250 for most of the season, and mashes a career-high 45 HR. Thanks to a near-total lack of support elsewhere in the lineup, he records fewer than 90 RBI for the third straight year.

Neither of Arrieta nor Matusz finishes the year in the ML rotation. Bundy is accordingly called up (rushed) ahead of schedule, setting the stage for his eventual destruction (as a professional ballplayer).

:vader:

I'd really like to see Boston, New York, Toronto, and Tampa all finish with 88 wins, with the O's only 14 games out of first. If the O's are destined for 5th place at least fate can make things bizarre and interesting in other ways.
I'd really like to see:

TBR

TOR

BAL

mfy

bos

That would be almost as much fun as going to the WS. :laughlol:

Archived