BOLD Predictions

SilentJames

Davis is DFA'd by June 15.

Wada comes off his DL stint and will prove to be a more capable starter than Chen over the course of the season.

Wieters becomes an .830 - .850 OPS guy and solidifies the cleanup role for the season.

Reimold stays healthy and hits 25 homers from the leadoff spot.

Jones will have a very good, but not great, first half and is dealt to a contender for a very nice package of young players.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bold predictions:

1) O's pitching staff has three 15 game winners (Arrieta, Hammel, Matusz).

2) Jim Johnson, as the primary closer, only has 2 blown saves all year.

3) Robert Andino plays rock solid D at second until taking over for injured JJ Hardy at SS after the all star break. He bats .298 with 5 ding dongs.

4) Adam Jones blows it up. Along with gold glove caliber D... He had career highs in avg, hr, and ops

5) Brian Roberts returns to second at all star break.

6) Chen and Wada have major impacts... Chen 11 wins with a 3.10 ERA and Wada proves to be the staffs most reliable long reliever/spot starter.

7) O's bullpen is reliable and ROCK solid.

8) Baltimore finishes 3rd in the AL East with 84 wins... Behind Yankees and Blue Jays.

Wow, the Chris Davis hate is really apparent.

Chris Davis OPS .850+

Jason Hammel ERA under 4.00

Wilson Betimit is everday 3B after Reynolds is traded to Phillies

JJ Hardy spends lots of time on DL

Manny Machado has .800+ OPS at AA and is a September call-up when Hardy is DLd.

My bold predictions:

- In early May, Buck gets a faux-hawk in a desperate attempt to change the team's luck

- Wieters makes the All-Star team as both a catcher and a pitcher - and pitches to himself for two innings of one-hit ball

- Chen and Wada decide to leave the team to star in a new Asian-inspired Starsky & Hutch movie

And my one serious bold prediction for the season:

The Orioles ADD two important contributors - one pitcher and one batter - before the trade deadline, in a long-shot attempt at the wild card.

My bold predictions:

2) Jason Johnson, as the primary closer, only has 2 blown saves all year.

3) Robert Andino plays rock solid D at second until taking over for injured JJ Hardy at SS after the all star break. He bats .298 with 5 ding dongs.

4) Adam Jones blows it up. Along with gold glove caliber D... He had career highs in avg, hr, and ops

6) Chen and Wada have major impacts... Chen 11 wins with a 3.10 ERA and Wada proves to be the staffs most reliable long reliever/spot starter.

8) Baltimore finishes 3rd in the AL East with 84 wins... Behind Yankees and Blue Jays.

You must be taking the Jason Johnson comeback story to heart:)

My bold predictions:

2) Jason Johnson, as the primary closer, only has 2 blown saves all year.

1-7 seem incompatible with 8. If our pitching is as good as you say 84 wins would be a disappointment.

1-7 seem incompatible with 8. If our pitching is as good as you say 84 wins would be a disappointment.

Alright.... This isn't a thesis needing critique. Love my bold prediction - or stay out of my bold prediction! ;-)

Let me, just for you, UP my bold prediction with a revised #8. 90 wins, just for you.

Go Birds!!!!!

You must be taking the Jason Johnson comeback story to heart:)

LOL ... I had to go back and edit. Jim Johnson... Jason Johnson... Jack Johnson.

Someone by the name of Johnson better show up and get all of those saves!!!!! ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On the O's:

-The Orioles will win 82 games this year.

-Matusz wins 15-18 games with a 3.75 era

-Tillman will finally turn things around and become a very good starter for us.

-Wieters hits 30+ homers and drives in close to 100 runs.

-Markakis has one of his better offensive years and hits between 22-25 homers.

-Jones is traded at the trade deadline.

-LJ Hoes will make his major league debut in June of this year.

On the farm:

-Manny Machado, Jonanthan Schoop, LJ Hoes, and Xavier Avery take big steps forward statistically.

-Parker Bridwell has a very good year and becomes our #2 pitching prospect behind Dylan Bundy.

-Nick Delmonico will open a lot of eyes this year.

Had to do it guys. How are you looking?

Well, for me, I'm lookin' good on some of my BOLD prdictions. Hoes has 3 more days to get to B-More.:D

Originally posted by Spy Fox

I predict Matt Wieters will achieve a stolen base against the Cleveland Indians despite running slower than a sumo wrestler in a swimming pool.

Hey, looks like I got that one spot on. And that prediction was way out of left field!

;)

Archived