4/6/2012: OPENING DAY - Orioles vs. Twins

Don Quixote

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I could see us being like last year and going position player at 22 and 32 then majority pitching from there on out. HS or NCAA bats. 
    • Just so long as none of the Orioles pitching strategists are pals with Tucupita Marcano. Burnes having had the 2000 Pedro blaze of glory I think kind of goofs up his trend lines. Burnes on pedigree is Kyle Bradish, a ~$500k college arm.     We don't really long haul know if front offices led by Luhnow GM tree branches like Stearns and Elias can repeatably get Cy Young winners and finalists out of that demographic.      I am curious it if comes out during recruitment if Burnes has an ax to grind with David Stearns, or if Stearns can pull off an "It wasn't me" kind of thing.    He's kind of Elias with Steve Cohen's money, and an even larger dossier on the player.
    • I think we give him till July then we go call him back up. Once he’s up. He’s up for good. 
    • He's kind of a Yennier Cano sequel, and with the higher volume role he is now to 40% of Cano's Orioles innings total. 40 innings of 1.83 vs. 100 innings of 2.25, discarding the distortion of Cano's 2022 results before player development had an offseason and spring with him. I'm glad he's here, interested to see where it goes.     His numbers now are probably shinier as the league hasn't adapted to the adjustment the Orioles helped him make, and I wouldn't count on it being all year sticky, but especially this month the opportunities for a lot of work are present. Cano and Suarez are our Robert Stephenson successes - are they good or we good?    What human resources rate the real money for the Orioles getting this to the field?   It is only Sunday that was the 1st anniversary of the Stephenson to Tampa trade, one of the openers in 2023 reliever trades.
    • O’s are only the slightest of dogs on the gambling sits. DK has them at +100. That’s literally even money.  Let’s see what you can do Povich. I think we’re playing really good baseball and Povich gives us that spot starter lift. 
    • People are betting the strike out props for Burnes. That Under has come in a lot. It was Over 5.5 the last game. So when someone cries on here about Ks it’s likely because they’re 8 game parlay lost. 
  • Popular Contributors