Mike Bordick?

Going Underground

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bordick is a great infield instructor ;)

As for his broadcasting, let's give him a little bit of time to settle in and get used to broadcasting. He needs a little more voice inflection and some genuine excitement at times, but he's made some solid observations at times.

Well said, I hope he gets better soon.

Bordick pulled a 180 from his weekend series in Anaheim tonight. He was fantastic. Maybe like the O's, he's just better at home? Very pleased with his effort tonight, he was a lot more comfortable, and was able to add a lot of value to the broadcast.

I never thought I'd hear Thorne correcting someone else in the booth, as he's the one that's usually off the mark. The remark about the pink glove was a very unfortunate comment for Mike. I was uncomfortable for him.

I must have missed the "pink glove" comment, what was that all about?

I thought Bordick was pretty good tonight. He definitely doesn't have much enthusiasm in his voice but I like listening to what he has to say.

I must have missed the "pink glove" comment, what was that all about?

I thought Bordick was pretty good tonight. He definitely doesn't have much enthusiasm in his voice but I like listening to what he has to say.

He was just uncomfortable all weekend. About the pink glove: He just kind of mentioned that he (Jerome Williams, SP for the Angels) had a pink glove on and that it didn't intimidate the batters much. Thorne quickly stepped in and said that he wore the glove because his mother passed away from breast cancer.

He was just uncomfortable all weekend. About the pink glove: He just kind of mentioned that he (Jerome Williams, SP for the Angels) had a pink glove on and that it didn't intimidate the batters much. Thorne quickly stepped in and said that he wore the glove because his mother passed away from breast cancer.

While it was uncomfortable at the moment, he saved a lot of future uncomfortableness by apologizing right then. Rather than waiting for a commercial break to pass and then giving the terrifyingly awkward apology.

Thought he sounded MUCH more comfortable tonight. He sounds like somebody who just speaks his mind and doesn't try to be overly commentator-ish, which I enjoy.

He was much better last night. He did not say we as much and seemed to have a lot more information about the other team. He needs to tone done the hyperbole a little bit but that is ok. He said Markakis and Wieters are two Orioles superstars. Also said Hunter was able to battle last night because he has been a really good pitcher in his career.

Very serious. He is annoying, pompous, communicates almost nothing of value or substance (which is the definition of a "windbag"), casually mentions obscure names that people my age remember, but most wouldn't (Larry Hisle, Larry Harlow, Tommy Hutton), name drops about current players on other teams that he has discussions with (I'm sure when they see him coming they want to just disappear). The man has been married and divorced four times for a reason. He is super annoying.

I turn the tv sound down and radio sound on whenever he is on the air. Can't stand him.

I've never gotten it when people complain about Palmer talking about discussions he's had with players. That's his job, he is a media reporter and one who's job decription includes spinning a yarn.

Yes he's cocky and can be perceived as arrogant, but he's our cocky arrogant guy. I consider the O's fortunate to have him.

I've never gotten it when people complain about Palmer talking about discussions he's had with players. That's his job, he is a media reporter and one who's job decription includes spinning a yarn.

Yes he's cocky and can be perceived as arrogant, but he's our cocky arrogant guy. I consider the O's fortunate to have him.

Palmer as a broadcaster seems to be a pretty polarizing figure. Most of us really love him but the people who don't seem to absolutely hate him. He's probably one of my top three favorite broadcasters ever, though that could just be the homer in me.

"I don't know if you know this Gary, but I used to play in the Blue Jays organization......"

(enter anecdote about playing for the Jays)

This definitely made me cringe last night. Guess it's taking awhile to warm up to the guy. I'm ok with Palmer being a pompous guy talking about himself, but not with Bordick yet.

I will take him, or anyone else for that matter, over Palmer, who is a incessant babbling idiot.

Jim Palmer has more baseball knowledge in the tip of his crooked nose than you will ever have. And a vast majority of viewers enjoy hearing him "babble" his knowledge and expertise. If it bothers you, turn the volume down and enjoy just watching the game. Maybe add a background tape of crowd noise and it would be just like being at Camden Yards.

As for Bordick....give him some time to develop.....and add some inflection in his voice.

Archived