Mike Bordick?

Going Underground

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So after listening to Mike Bordick over the weekend ,thoughts? He says we a little too much but that can be fixed. I know the O's take pride in working hard and taking extra fielding and batting practice.I am not sure if I could take Hunter and him together in the booth.

Haven't heard enough of him yet, but so far I'm not too impressed. I mentioned this in the ask orioles thread, but I'll bring it up here also. Why didn't we bring Ben McDonald back to the booth, he was great!

Haven't heard enough of him yet, but so far I'm not too impressed. I mentioned this in the ask orioles thread, but I'll bring it up here also. Why didn't we bring Ben McDonald back to the booth, he was great!

Ben was fantastic. Not sure if Ben was ever asked to go full time. We know what went on with Brady. I think Hunter lobbied for Bordick.

It's something completely new to him, so I'm willing to give him time; sure that he will work hard at it and improve.

Who knows whether Ben was even interested in announcing as a full-time gig? Maybe the guest hosting was enough for him.

Bordick is a great infield instructor ;)

As for his broadcasting, let's give him a little bit of time to settle in and get used to broadcasting. He needs a little more voice inflection and some genuine excitement at times, but he's made some solid observations at times.

Mike: Williams is using a pink glove. It really does not help him look that intimidating up on the mound. :wedge:

Gary: I believe he wears the pink glove in honor of his mother, who passed from breast cancer. :slytf:

Mike: I take that back. I was not aware of that. :ohlord:

I think he was trying to put some humor in the booth when he said about the glove. Thorne bailed him out and it was not a big deal. You could tell he was embarrassed by what he said.

So after listening to Mike Bordick over the weekend ,thoughts? He says we a little too much but that can be fixed. I know the O's take pride in working hard and taking extra fielding and batting practice.I am not sure if I could take Hunter and him together in the booth.

I will take him, or anyone else for that matter, over Palmer, who is a incessant babbling idiot.

Archived