3B Available Via Trade?

Bahama O's Fan

Interesting news about Headley coming out of San Diego.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7920906/chase-headley-san-diego-padres-denies-scuffle-petco-park-dimensions

Stuff like this can be a motivator for teams to move a guy. San Diego is basically out of it already at 11-22 and 10.5 games out of 1st. This also doesn't strike me as a guy who is a bad clubhouse guy but could certainly benefit from a change of scenery (and smaller parks) I think he would be a perfect fit for the AL East. He would also receive a lot more protection in the O's lineup (if you buy the protection argument).

I say go get him. Once Reimold comes back, that would be a sweet sweet lineup.

Unfortunately he's never posted a .300 BA, hit more than 15 Home runs, stolen more than 20 bases, and his defense is questionable. Have to pass.

He would also receive a lot more protection in the O's lineup (if you buy the protection argument).

Does he get more protection on the road than at home?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately he's never posted a .300 BA, hit more than 15 Home runs, stolen more than 20 bases, and his defense is questionable. Have to pass.

Does he get more protection on the road than at home?

Your argument is sort of inconsistent. You are giving full season stats, but are implying that he's a better hitter than that because of what he does on the road. You've probably seen him more than me if you live in cali - but I don't believe he's questionable based on the defensive stats posted earlier in the thread. Perhaps not plus but not questionable.

With the AL East parks effects you have to figure he could get to 20HR's pretty easily.

Another positive is that he can play LF.

Your argument is sort of inconsistent. You are giving full season stats, but are implying that he's a better hitter than that because of what he does on the road. You've probably seen him more than me if you live in cali - but I don't believe he's questionable based on the defensive stats posted earlier in the thread. Perhaps not plus but not questionable.

With the AL East parks effects you have to figure he could get to 20HR's pretty easily.

I was being sarcastic based on my discussion with another poster prior to your post. I basically agree with your analysis and that he should be a target. I don't know if he'll hit 20 HR's or not but I'm sure it will be more than the 11-12 he's put up in past full seasons. I have seen him quite a bit and I like him. I think he'd be a plus defender going forward based on a plus 9.2/150 UZR rate (better by DRS) over his career and from what I've seen of him.

The more I think about this, the more certain I am that Miggy gets the call up.

Any updates on him?

Roch posted a few things in his blog and on twitter. Basically that he is rusty but improving. He hasn't gotten a lot of live plays at SS and 3B quite yet. Maybe he will have something more today.

Roch posted a few things in his blog and on twitter. Basically that he is rusty but improving. He hasn't gotten a lot of live plays at SS and 3B quite yet. Maybe he will have something more today.

There is no reason to believe Miggy is any better than a .230ish hitter at this point with no power. We need a better solution IMO.

Archived