3B Available Via Trade?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you ever actually seen Youkilis play baseball before? I understand that he's often injured, and your chances to see him have been limited in teh last two or three seasons, but he's an excellent player and a solid contributor when he's healthy. D

All too often. He's got a very good bat. But he isn't a good fielder at third, he costs over 12 million this year, with an option for 13 next year, and he's 33. I don't see the point unless we were gonna make a run at the pennant. I'd rather have a cheap, complementary player who can field like Callaspo or Izturis than waste our money on a guy who's passing his prime on the DL as we speak.

Callaspo for Gregg + Cash. I'm surprised it hasn't already been done actually.

The Angels are in no hurry to get rid of Callaspo with Trumbo playing himself off of third. They are certainly in no hurry to trade him for crap.

Andino can give you what Callaspo would at 3B, probably more. Move Flaherty into 2B, keep Tolleson for utility.

Hmm... I'd actually be okay with that, though I don't think Flaherty is ready to start in the majors yet offensively. I guess he has to step up though, because the defense is just killing us. That would make Tolleson the LF of choice for the next two weeks though. Not an ideal lineup.

He is the first one that comes to mind for me as well. He is not the greatest player, but would definitely fill a need for us and would probably benefit from getting out of San Diego.

My first thought as well. Headley is a solid player and getting him out of San Diego could turn him into a very good player. In his career he is .230/.324/.334 at home and .303/.365/.449 away.

My first thought as well. Headley is a solid player and getting him out of San Diego could turn him into a very good player. In his career he is .230/.324/.334 at home and .303/.365/.449 away.

This makes sense...But what would he cost in return? I have often pondered if the Padres would want Jones even the expensive version for his hometown ties. I think we could get Bourjos for a RP. Trade Jones to the Padres for Headley plus. I don't see this happening now ...certainly no with us Ted for 1st. But if we start to slip?

This makes sense...But what would he cost in return? I have often pondered if the Padres would want Jones even the expensive version for his hometown ties. I think we could get Bourjos for a RP. Trade Jones to the Padres for Headley plus. I don't see this happening now ...certainly no with us Ted for 1st. But if we start to slip?
They don't want Jones, they have Maybin and they are rebuilding. They wouldn't take on Jones salary and give him the extension he would want. That hometown stuff only goes so far.

The Padres would not want Jones for the same reason they would not want Headley. Too expensive to keep. We are talking ultra low market team here. The Padres would want prospects for Headley.

The Padres would not want Jones for the same reason they would not want Headley. Too expensive to keep. We are talking ultra low market team here. The Padres would want prospects for Headley.

I'm thinking Headley for Schoop, Tillman, and Schrader.

Archived