vs. D-RAYS 6/02

OFFNY

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd pull him. Let the bullpen do their thing. They haven't had a ton of chances recently.

That's the statistically more likely way to win the game, to be sure. Especially if you let Jim Johnson pitch the 9th.

But on the other hand, I kinda want to see Matusz reach a career milestone with a CG. Every star pitcher in history has gotten at least one, and he hasn't yet. At 25, this is about the age when I'd expect his first one to come.

Finally I see the "OR"

for a while I was like WTF... Drive Sober Get Pulled Over..... Now I finally understand.... Drive Sober Or Get Pulled Over. Makes sense now.

Davis Ks to end the inning. I hope Matusz gets a 1-2-3 inning!

That's the statistically more likely way to win the game, to be sure. Especially if you let Jim Johnson pitch the 9th.

But on the other hand, I kinda want to see Matusz reach a career milestone with a CG. Every star pitcher in history has gotten at least one, and he hasn't yet. At 25, this is about the age when I'd expect his first one to come.

I get it. I think he'll come back out. I'd just micromanage him. This is a great start already, I wouldn't want him to lose it.

I'm not too worried about Matusz being a star. I think he ends up a solid No. 3 for us, or so.

Matusz is out for the 8th. The chances of having a 3-pitch inning are extremely low, so he's probably going to hit that 90 mark. But hopefully he will exit the inning with fewer than 100 pitches thrown. The call for whether to bring in Jim Johnson for the 9th will depend on exactly how many pitches he's thrown and how many basemen he allows.

I get it. I think he'll come back out. I'd just micromanage him. This is a great start already, I wouldn't want him to lose it.

I'm not too worried about Matusz being a star. I think he ends up a solid No. 3 for us, or so.

With flashes of acieness...

Archived