Any obligation to keep the team respectable?

Frobby

Well, before I even saw your response, I took out the part about fantasy baseball. I did that simply because I never played it, so I shouldn't talk about it. When I refer to "fantasy baseball", I'm really referring to the little fantasy world inside SG's head... the one in which all these GM decisions are oh-so-easy and oh-so-black-and-white... the world in which either it's SG's way or else "there's no logic to it". I certainly never meant to diss the idea of fantasy baseball that many otherwise-normal people like to play ;-)

Seems like your real beef is with SG, that's fine, debate with him. I agree he contemplates many decisions in a vacuum and underestimates how difficult they are to make. Just don't stereotype a group of unnamed posters. It's condescending, cowardly and offensive.

As for the BP issue, it's not just about talent... it's also about having a couple guys who you can actually count on... that's the main thing here... most any time you go to the BP, you're rolling the dice on how that guy is gonna do today... if it's *nothing* but young unproven guys, I think you risk rolling snake-eyes way too often... IMO, it only makes sense to have a couple guys who you can pretty much count on...

That's a valid concern. Especially for Trembley's sanity.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would a line up like this be respectable?

RF - Markakis .850+ OPS

CF - Pie .700 OPS

2b - Pattereson/HU? .720 OPS

LF - Kemp .850+ OPS

SS - Wood .750+ OPS

3b - LaRoche .750 OPS

C - Hernandez 750 .OPS

1b - Huff/Millar 780 OPS

DH - Other prospect we recieve? Gibbons:002_ssad:

My estimate of their production next season. Wood and LaRoche are key, they could both come in around .800 OPS IMO if they step up.

Right. Like I said, let's see what AM does by the time he's finished for this off-season, and then let's see who's right.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Somehow, I'm pretty confident you won't. Instead, you'll just start calling AM a dope for not doing it your way ;-)

Have you even been paying attention or do you just not believe anything?(either way, its pretty pathetic)

MacPhail wants to trade, if the right deals are out there, Huff, Millar, Ramon, Mora, Bedard, BRob and Tejada...It is pretty obvious this is the case.

He has said anyone and everyone is available.

Do you get this concept? Do you understand that AM wants to get rid of this team and blow it up?

Maybe you just don't understand, I don't know but you are looking beyond foolish in this thread.

As for my apostles and your obsession of everything I say...Get over yourself..You look pathetic and IHM called you out on it.

80% of this board said to trade BRob, Bedard and Miggy....You are in the minority around.

We have yet seen you attempt to give any kind of plan of what you would do with these guys.

Instead, you take shots, talk about anything that isn't baseball related and show a total lack of knowledge.

I miss the days when you stopped posting, that's for sure.

I think they would have more value during the season than now. Teams now are more likely to sign a free agent or use minor league pitchers come spring training. If a contending team needs a reliever then these two would be worth more.By then they would only have one and a halve years left on their contracts.

Have you even been paying attention or do you just not believe anything?(either way, its pretty pathetic)

MacPhail wants to trade, if the right deals are out there, Huff, Millar, Ramon, Mora, Bedard, BRob and Tejada...It is pretty obvious this is the case.

Do you get this concept? Do you understand that AM wants to get rid of this team and blow it up?

Maybe you just don't understand, I don't know but you are looking beyond foolish in this thread.

As for my apostles and your obsession of everything I say...Get over yourself..You look pathetic and IHM called you out on it.

80% of this board said to trade BRob, Bedard and Miggy....You are in the minority around.

We have yet seen you attempt to give any kind of plan of what you would do with these guys.

Instead, you take shots, talk about anything that isn't baseball related and show a total lack of knowledge.

Pwned y0!!!

As usual, you show your lack of knowledge, baseball intelligence and common sense.

Everyone has given their reasons for why we think the team can be as good or better.

You probably haven't even heard of the names we are talking about on here and thus, you form uninformed opinions and then jump on others for saying what they feel.

And as usual you exhibit your orgulous, supercilius churlishness. I happen to agree with you that next years team can be at least as good, if not more competitive, but I have yet to see you give any specific reasons why.

Just don't stereotype a group of unnamed posters.

You have a good point. For the record, I fully believe that many people here think for themselves, and some of them end up agreeing with SG on specific matters. (Hell, even I agree with SG on specific matters. I believe he is right about many things. It's just his overall philosophy that I think is way too simplistic to the point of being wacko.) I also believe that some folks see SG's 50K posts and just assume that he's right about everything.

However, I agree that the way I worded it was ambiguous and could be taken either way. So, like I said, I think you have a good point. I apologize for any misunderstanding that I caused.

Nice rant.

So, tell me, if Walker and Bradford are still around on OD, are you still gonna be crying about how AM is "inconsistent" and how "there's no logic to it"?

Nice rant.

So, tell me, if Walker and Bradford are still around on OD, are you still gonna be crying about how AM is "inconsistent" and how "there's no logic to it"?

Since when did any of this become about those 2? You are just focusing on something small and running with it...It is beyond ridiculous.

I think it is dumb to not shop them and it is inconsistent with what he has said but its not like it will be some big deal if he doesn't deal them unless of course we get good offers for them and don't deal them.

Is this your new focus? Have you decided to move off the "blow it up" stuff because you see that AM wants what everyone else wants? Do you realize how wrong you are about that and how you kept searching for reasons why no good GM would do that and yet, AM wants to?

I guess you feel AM sucks then...Of course, I am sure you don't feel that way and thus, you are being inconsistent with your thoughts.

And as usual you exhibit your orgulous, supercilius churlishness. I happen to agree with you that next years team can be at least as good, if not more competitive, but I have yet to see you give any specific reasons why.

Do you just sit there with a thesaurus or something?

Do you try to distract people with big words so that we overlook what you are actually saying?

If that is your goal, you probably do a good job of it.

You have a good point. For the record, I fully believe that many people here think for themselves, and some of them end up agreeing with SG on specific matters. (Hell, even I agree with SG on specific matters. I believe he is right about many things. It's just his overall philosophy that I think is way too simplistic to the point of being wacko.) I also believe that some folks see SG's 50K posts and just assume that he's right about everything.

However, I agree that the way I worded it was ambiguous and could be taken either way. So, like I said, I think you have a good point. I apologize for any misunderstanding that I caused.

This is beyond ridiculous...It amazes me that anyone has respect for you on this board when you say stuff like this. To think that their are some people on here who can't think for themselves is a slap in the face of those people.

Sure, I and many others on here may sway people's opinions because we back it up with knowledge, facts and a good argument. But that doesn't mean they don't think for themselves.

1970 and Drungo have opened my eyes to the saber stuff when i thought it was a joke years ago. It is called having an open mind and taking in what they are saying and attempting to understand it...You just show an inability to do this over and over again.

I think you need to start naming names of the people that do this. If not, you are, as IHM said, being a coward.

This is beyond ridiculous...It amazes me that anyone has respect for you on this board when you say stuff like this. To think that their are some people on here who can't think for themselves is a slap in the face of those people.

Sure, I and many others on here may sway people's opinions because we back it up with knowledge, facts and a good argument. But that doesn't mean they don't think for themselves.

1970 and Drungo have opened my eyes to the saber stuff when i thought it was a joke years ago. It is called having an open mind and taking in what they are saying and attempting to understand it...You just show an inability to do this over and over again.

I think you need to start naming names of the people that do this. If not, you are, as IHM said, being a coward.

Stop being so churlish!!!!:D

Archived