OFFNY's Original Big Ten from 2009

OFFNY

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

OFFNY, which of our guys would make the list today (highly thought of and at A+)?  Akin, Tate, Ortiz, and Harvey?

o

Well, the reason why I had that list in the first place was because I felt very optimistic about at least 2 or 3 of those guys have anywhere from a pretty good to a really good Major League career, and one of the reasons why I was optimistic was because they were all pitching very well in the upper levels of the Minor Leagues (Advanced-A, AA, and AAA.)

So the same set of circumstances doesn't necessarily exist today for me to have a "Big Ten" list ........ it was my version of "The Cavalry."

But if there was a list today, Hunter Harvey would unquestionably be on it, as would Keegan Akin, Alex Wells, John Means, and Luis Ortiz.

o

5 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Well, the reason why I had that list in the first place was because I felt very optimistic about at least 2 or 3 of those guys have anywhere from a pretty good to a really good Major League career, and one of the reasons why I was optimistic was because they were all pitching very well in the upper levels of the Minor Leagues (Advanced-A, AA, and AAA.)

So the same set of circumstances doesn't necessarily exist today for me to have a "Big Ten" list ........ it was my version of "The Cavalry."

But if there was a list today, Hunter Harvey would unquestionably be on it, as would Keegan Akin, Alex Wells, John Means, and Luis Ortiz.

o

Yeah, the group we have today is not as impressive as that group, at least on paper.    Maybe in a year we’ll feel diffferently.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, OFFNY said:

o

o

I agree...it is too early maybe, but I would include Dillon Tate in that group right now  and after next year, lets see where DL Hall, GrayRod and Blaine Knight are standing. 

Archived