Orioles are "going hard" after Zack Greinke

Greg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might take Arrieta, Matusz, Avery, and Schoop to get this done, honestly. Mayyybe we get a "2 month" rental discount, but I doubt it because we'd clearly be signing him to an extension.

One thing I've learned is that whatever you think is a fair trade, add like 2 more pieces to it, and then it's probably legit.

What about Matusz, Arrieta, Avery and Bridwell?

We should definitely be willing to part with either Avery or Hoes knowing that they are very similar players, and one can easily replace the other. Throw in one of Matusz, Arrieta, or Britton since Greinke is taking a spot anyways.

I think Hoes, Matusz, Schrader, and a B/C prospect gets it done without us losing much.

We should definitely be willing to part with either Avery or Hoes knowing that they are very similar players, and one can easily replace the other. Throw in one of Matusz, Arrieta, or Britton since Greinke is taking a spot anyways.

I think Hoes, Matusz, Schrader, and a B/C prospect gets it done without us losing much.

ATL easily beats that, IMO.

The Kranitz connection makes this interesting. Matusz and Arrieta pitched weel for him, and he knows them. One of them commbined with two of Avery/Schoop/Bridwell/Hoes/Wright, might get it done. I would hate to part with Britton or Tillman.

One good major league start for Tillman against Seattle who is the worst OPS team in the majors. I would trade him in a second if it meant getting Greinke, especially for the long haul.

Yeah, I imagine Matusz + Arrieta + 2 other decent prospects not named Machado or Bundy could get it done.

Maybe it's just me, but I put Schoop in the category with those two. He's definitely 3rd, but I really don't want to trade him.

I'm cool with this provided there is an extension. Two month rentals for a player of this caliber (and hence the talent that will be traded away) aren't a good idea.

Same here, coming from a Braves fan. Seems like we are willing to go one of Minor, Delgado, Teheran plus one of our top hitting prospects, and a mid level guy or two.

Same here, coming from a Braves fan. Seems like we are willing to go one of Minor, Delgado, Teheran plus one of our top hitting prospects, and a mid level guy or two.

Has Teheran taken a step back this year? If they are putting him in the package, I don't see us beating that.

I love Dan Duquette. He makes being a fan fun. He'll trade more than people on this site want to trade, but he'll just go out and sign other guys. Love it...until PA puts the shackles on him.

I couldn't agree more.

Yea the only way I can imagine this happening is if MIL thinks they can fix Arrieta and Matusz. And in that case, I see both of them being part of the deal, with another good piece involved (Schoop). If that happened, and an extension was involved, I'd be so happy I'd probably die. I give the extension about a 3% chance of actually happening, though.

Archived