Orioles are "going hard" after Zack Greinke

Greg

I'd make it Matusz, Arrieta, Hoes, & Bridwell ...Id try not to deal a player on the current roster.

I usually turn my nose up at "broken pieces" trade suggestions, but even I have to admit...Arrieta and Matusz in the same deal embodies a lot of potential value. I kind of doubt the Brewers would go for it, but still...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matusz, Schoop, Gregg and Cash(or did we send him to the Yankees for Pearce?:rofl:)

Now this isnt the typical dump on Gregg suggestion, he might actually fit in MIL and may have increased his value a bit(we are hating on him less than 2 months ago). I would think that this is a good trade for both teams?

MIL gave up Odorizzi, Cain, and Escobar, for Greinke. They can't expect that much in return now that he is a two month rental They can expect something better than a draft pick.

This....

I'd make it Matusz, Arrieta, Hoes, & Bridwell ...Id try not to deal a player on the current roster.

...with a variation of this. DD will never give them as much as stated above and I also prefer not to give up Avery because of our current problems in LF, but I could part with Jake, or Matusz, but preferably Jake. Hoes has made continual adjustments at each level and shown decent power. As long as he isn't asked to play the INF, he should be a good 4th OF option and Bridwell....meh. All of them together, however, too much unless we are sure to extend him.

As bad as Rickie Weeks is playing this year , have the Brewers fallin on him to the point that if we took back his contract it could lessen what we'd have to give up for Greinke. If we took back Weeks could we work out a trade involving Greinke and Weeks for Matusz and Hunter as well as one of andino or flaherty; and one of hoes or delmonico ; and one of wright or bridwell. Thoughts

Matusz, Schoop, Gregg and Cash (or did we send him to the Yankees for Pearce?:rofl:) Now, this isn't the typical dump on Gregg suggestion, because he might actually fit in MIL, and may have increased his value a bit (we were hating on him less than 2 months ago). I would think that this is a good trade for both teams, no?

More like, Schoop plus ........

Arrieta, Gregg, Matusz, Hunter, and every other headache that is currently in the Baltimore Orioles organization in which it isn't so much the case that we're "willing to part with them" so much as it is that we're "trying to get rid of them."

More like, Schoop plus ........

Arrieta, Gregg, Matusz, Hunter, and every other headache that is currently in the Baltimore Orioles organization that isn't so much that we're "winning to part with them" so much as it is we're "trying to get rid of them."

You forgot your favorite player LEWWWWWWW

Weeks would be a heck of a second baseman for us but i don't see that as a real possibility. That would mean the brewers are in a florida marlins type fire sale.
NL LEAST VALUABLE PLAYER (LVP) OF THE HALF-YEAR

Rickie Weeks' date=' Brewers

Rickie Weeks

#23 Second Baseman

Milwaukee Brewers

2012 STATS

GM

HR

RBI

R

OBP

AVG

Every time a team passes through Milwaukee these days, you hear the same question: "What the heck happened to Rickie Weeks?" Whew, excellent question. A year ago this time, he was packing for the All-Star Game. But that won't be happening again this year, thanks to a funk they'll be able to smell from Arthur Bryant's. Let's start with this: Weeks has 99 strikeouts already -- and 55 hits. And gang, that ain't easy. It he keeps whiffing at this rate, it means he has a chance to pile up 90 more strikeouts than hits this year -- a feat achieved by only two players in history: Mark Reynolds and Adam Dunn. So it's no surprise, then, that Weeks has also put himself in position to become the first player in the history of his franchise to submerge beneath the Mendoza Line (in a season of 200 plate appearances or more). And that's quite a statement, too. Weeks is hitting .193, with a .323 slugging percentage and .634 OPS -- a line that doesn't compute for a guy who was actually a Home Run Derby contestant just last summer. But it still doesn't answer the question: "What the heck happened to Rickie Weeks?" One NL exec's review after his team played the Brewers: "I don't know if he's just angry that his buddy Prince [Fielder'] left, or if he's just trying too hard to put up his own power numbers. But his strike zone right now is about two home plates wide."

Per Stark today.

You forgot your favorite player, LEWWWWWWW.

Although he is 35 and a half years-old, Ford is playing very well at the AAA level, so I would consider him to be closer to the "Schoop" category than I would the "headache that we're trying to get rid of" category.

Archived