SD wanted Arrieta and 2 prospects for Headley

Greg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it's not solely up to us. And the Marlins would hang up. Right away.

If we want a player of a certain ability, at a certain point we have to acknowledge the actual trade market.

I agree with you there. There also has to be a point when you consider that its to much to give up. I can imagine a few years back some Seattle fans had this same debate regarding Bedard.

I really feel like most here ...Not you Jim ...Need to understand we need to give up quality to get quality.

No team wants the scraps that the fans here want to see traded.

Except, of course, the Twins. They traded Liriano for, like, nobody. Sort of mad we didn't get on that.

I agree with you there. There also has to be a point when you consider that its to much to give up. I can imagine a few years back some Seattle fans had this same debate regarding Bedard.

I do agree. I just think that, in general and specifically now, Headley is better and our players are worse than we think or admit. Loss aversion in action.

I am not implying this trade is as bad as that one was for Seattle. Just saying there has to be a line you draw on what you give up for a guy you like or next thing you know your unemployed

I am not implying this trade is as bad as that one was for Seattle. Just saying there has to be a line you draw on what you give up for a guy you like or next thing you know your unemployed

Quickly name 5 non-1st rounders position players out of the Orioles system that has had a impact on our MLB roster in the last 10 years?

Quickly name 5 non-1st rounders position players out of the Orioles system that has had a impact on our MLB roster in the last 10 years?

If that question is too vague .... How about name 2 that have been a better player than the one we are trying to trade for....My point is you guys covet our prospects way too much. Real good chance Schoop is never more than a util INF. That some here already are handing the 2B job in a season or two. Delmonico is a question mark at this point.... But the Orioles havent produced 1 guy like this since Finley???

I know Delmonico is promising but can you guys honestly see him being a star with his name on the back of an Orioles jersey? I just can't.

I also can't hear Thorne saying... "And Delmonico, deep to left center field, and ah' that ball is gone!!"

I just can't picture him with us for whatever reason. lol.

Probably because that's Hunter's horrible home run call, not Thorne's.

If that question is too vague .... How about name 2 that have been a better player than the one we are trying to trade for....My point is you guys covet our prospects way too much. Real good chance Schoop is never more than a util INF. That some here already are handing the 2B job in a season or two. Delmonico is a question mark at this point.... But the Orioles havent produced 1 guy like this since Finley???

Id say Nolan Reimold had a big impact a couple years ago, and was on pace to do so this year.

Arrieta, Schoop, Bridwell, Andres Aguilar for Headley.

Hate to say it again, but this is a fair deal both ways. It seems like a lot, but Arrieta and Schoop are the only two that might have as much of an impact on the club as Headley. We give up 2 "quality" players, a longer shot, and a moon shot for someone that has REAL value to this club. Hunter has had as much value to this club as Arrieta this year.

Let's not get caught up so much in what we are giving up as much as what we will gain. This trade is a great match both ways.

Its A fair point but my answer is that every team has a list of prospects they value and believe can become MLB calibur players. Every MLB player is a prospect at some time obviously. Just cause the organization has failed to produce those guys in the past does not mean you give up on that, it means you change how you go about that task which I think the organzation is trying to do. If the Padres are asking for 4 guys on that list for the orioles that's a bit much IMO. No prob trading talent for talent but again you have to set the bar as to how much you value the target. For now at least I think DD deserves the benefit of the doubt

Its A fair point but my answer is that every team has a list of prospects they value and believe can become MLB calibur players. Every MLB player is a prospect at some time obviously. Just cause the organization has failed to produce those guys in the past does not mean you give up on that, it means you change how you go about that task which I think the organzation is trying to do. If the Padres are asking for 4 guys on that list for the orioles that's a bit much IMO. No prob trading talent for talent but again you have to set the bar as to how much you value the target. For now at least I think DD deserves the benefit of the doubt

Good Post ...fair enough

I still think Id send Arrieta , Schoop/Avery/Hoes, and a class A ball guy with no problem

Archived