SD wanted Arrieta and 2 prospects for Headley

Greg

You know Meow....All the other teams should be lining up to give us their good players for our Dreck.

OK middle of the road is strong but that said the point remains its a lot to give up. I would be fine with moving Arrieta and say Delmonico and maybe one other player but giving up all four is just to much. If we had nobody in the system we could look at to to eventually fill that void then maybe but with machado in the system that's a lot to give up. If the Padres came down just a tad,say took one of those arms or less as a third player then I think its a more fair deal. Don't think this line of thinking is outrageous

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah, we'd be selling low :rolleyes:

Well if teams value Jake as much as they apparently do, how much more is he worth if they can straighten him out? If the O's feel they can get him straight working with Peterson then they would be selling low. The fact teams are interested seems to indicate they agree he can be fixed so to speak. But by all means I defer to our message board scouts :)

OK middle of the road is strong but that said the point remains its a lot to give up. I would be fine with moving Arrieta and say Delmonico and maybe one other player but giving up all four is just to much. If we had nobody in the system we could look at to to eventually fill that void then maybe but with machado in the system that's a lot to give up. If the Padres came down just a tad,say took one of those arms or less as a third player then I think its a more fair deal. Don't think this line of thinking is outrageous

Hint ...When you dont think a deal is fair for your team it usually is.

Headley slots right in and plays a solid defensive 3B ...Gives you good OBP and likely hits 20-25 bangers playing half his games at OriolePark.

Arrieta may never recover or end up being a reliever ...Therefore diminishing his value, Schoop is hitting .244 this season and is a few years away. That said he's no lock to be a solid MLB much less a star. And Delmonico or Bridwell are years away with potential...But again far from a sure thing....My point is your getting quality for quanity ...Its very likely that 1 of the three turns out to be a nice player... Again fair trade IMO

Just curious ... What is your take on the trade speculated?

I've said I'd go one of Arrieta/Matusz/Tillman (in order of preference) + Schoop, so clearly more on board w/ a Headley trade than most. I wouldn't go for Arrieta + Delmonico + Rodriguez and Bridwell, though Bridwell's diminished stuff makes me more willing to part with him.

Arrieta' date=' Delmonico, & a prospect is too much for Headley.

Those are the pieces I'd start with for Josh Johnson.[/quote']

But it's not solely up to us. And the Marlins would hang up. Right away.

If we want a player of a certain ability, at a certain point we have to acknowledge the actual trade market.

I've said I'd go one of Arrieta/Matusz/Tillman (in order of preference) + Schoop, so clearly more on board w/ a Headley trade than most. I wouldn't go for Arrieta + Delmonico + Rodriguez and Bridwell, though Bridwell's diminished stuff makes me more willing to part with him.

Bridwell has had a couple nice outings lately.

I know Delmonico is promising but can you guys honestly see him being a star with his name on the back of an Orioles jersey? I just can't.

I also can't hear Thorne saying... "And Delmonico, deep to left center field, and ah' that ball is gone!!"

I just can't picture him with us for whatever reason. lol.

I know Delmonico is promising but can you guys honestly see him being a star with his name on the back of an Orioles jersey? I just can't.

I also can't hear Thorne saying... "And Delmonico, deep to left center field, and ah' that ball is gone!!"

I just can't picture him with us for whatever reason. lol.

He's the Hayden Penn of position players, clearly.

That's good to hear. I hadn't heard much. I'd like to think he's just slowly adapting to some mechanical changes, but I haven't heard of any work w/ Peterson.

Me either. But I did see that he had strung a couple good ones together.

Archived