Reds are still hopeful about getting Bedard??

NATTYBO's

Now the question is this:

Bruce/Votto

or

LaRoche/Hu/Kemp

I think the Reds would have to include another player to even sway that to them.

I think LaRoche and Votto are the same but LaRoche is a third baseman and Votto's defense at first isn't great, so LaRoche has a slight edge IMO.

Bruce probably has slightly more upside than Kemp.

And then you have Hu against nothing.

Put Encarnacion in the deal for the Reds and I think that is an even up match.

Can't envision the Reds trading Jay Bruce under any circumstance.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think LaRoche and Votto are the same but LaRoche is a third baseman and Votto's defense at first isn't great, so LaRoche has a slight edge IMO.
LaRoche gets a fairly significant edge over Votto, IMO. Here is a quick numbers comparison:

Votto

2006 - AA - Age 22 - 508 AB - 22 HR - .319 / .408 / .547 / .955

2007 - AAA - Age 23 - 496 AB - 22 HR - .294 / .381 / .478 / .859

LaRoche

2006 - AA - Age 22 - 230 AB - 9 HR - .309 / .419 / .483 / .904

2006 - AAA - Age 22 - 202 AB - 10 HR - .322 / .400 / .550 / .950

2007 - AAA - Age 23 - 265 AB - 18 HR - .309 / .399 / .589 / .988

LaRoche has better numbers at higher levels. I don't know how much the leagues effect this, but there is a pretty sizeable gap. I like both a lot, but I think LaRoche is the clear-cut winner between the two.

I would take Cueto, Votto, Encarnacion, and a lower level 'spect and call it a day if it came to that, though obviously I would still be working the Dodgers and Mariners to try to beat that. Diamondbacks too, probably. If players like Bruce, Kemp, Kershaw, etc. aren't coming back, Arizona can get into this game as well.

LaRoche gets a fairly significant edge over Votto, IMO. Here is a quick numbers comparison:

Votto

2006 - AA - Age 22 - 508 AB - 22 HR - .319 / .408 / .547 / .955

2007 - AAA - Age 23 - 496 AB - 22 HR - .294 / .381 / .478 / .859

LaRoche

2006 - AA - Age 22 - 230 AB - 9 HR - .309 / .419 / .483 / .904

2006 - AAA - Age 22 - 202 AB - 10 HR - .322 / .400 / .550 / .950

2007 - AAA - Age 23 - 265 AB - 18 HR - .309 / .399 / .589 / .988

LaRoche has better numbers at higher levels. I don't know how much the leagues effect this, but there is a pretty sizeable gap. I like both a lot, but I think LaRoche is the clear-cut winner between the two.

A key missing component of these lines:

Votto: 2007 Louisville IL 23 Cin AAA

LaRoche: 2007 Las Vegas PCL 23 La AAA

Bruce/Votto

or

LaRoche/Hu/Kemp

I think the Reds would have to include another player to even sway that to them.

I like Bruce, Votto, and Maloney.

Try this win/win for both teams:

Bedard and Millar + 2.5 Mil for Votto/Encarnacion/Cueto/Keppinger

Than

Mora and Doyne + 8 mil (Miggy's money) to Phl for Tom Gordon/Greg Golson and J A Happ. We get a one year closer and two younger players. (the 8 mil plus Gordon's salary for 1 year is still less than Mora for 2 years)

Bad idea. I say we just find a closer somewhere in the farm with a decent fastball and breaking ball. We aren't going to win this year anyway, let's raise a decent closer to set up for Ray when he comes back. Closers are worth too much money, especially when they are old.

Bruce/Votto

or

LaRoche/Hu/Kemp

First if the Dodgers sign Kuroda they're not going after Bedard. Even then they'll most likely pull Kemp. That being said what three player package is better:

Either, Kershaw, Hu

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto

First if the Dodgers sign Kuroda they're not going after Bedard. Even then they'll most likely pull Kemp. That being said what three player package is better:

Either, Kershaw, Hu

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto, no question in my opinion. Although I'd strongly prefer Cueto to Bailey.

Either, Kershaw, Hu

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto

Wow...this is tough. I think I'd prefer LaRoche to Ethier, but apparently he's not on the table.

I think I go with Bailey, Hamilton, Votto.

BB, anything on Roberts? Do you think we will move him?

Either, Kershaw, Hu

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto

Then I take the Reds for sure.

If you replace Ethier with LaRoche, i probably take the Dodgers but it is close.

I would also prefer Cueto to Bailey.

Maybe we could simplify and do Mora + ? for LaRoche. Seems like they are not confident in him for this upcoming season

Archived