Reds are still hopeful about getting Bedard??

NATTYBO's

First if the Dodgers sign Kuroda they're not going after Bedard. Even then they'll most likely pull Kemp. That being said what three player package is better:

Either, Kershaw, Hu

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto

This is an absolute no-brainer.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First if the Dodgers sign Kuroda they're not going after Bedard. Even then they'll most likely pull Kemp. That being said what three player package is better:

Either, Kershaw, Hu

Bailey, Hamilton, Votto

Again... why should a guy who projects as a fourth starter trump a bonafide ace in Bedard?

What about the Mariners? Morrow, Jones, Balentein, Clement (with Jones at SS)?

Again... why should a guy who projects as a fourth starter trump a bonafide ace in Bedard?
Because they are already most likely the best team in the division without Bedard. Adding Kuroda fills a rotation slot, and doesn't cost them a heavy bounty of prospects. Obviously Bedard helps them more for 2008, but Kuroda + prospects most likely helps them down the road (and heck, might even be better for 2008 if they were giving up a substantial amount from their MLB roster).

Yep...I'd much rather work with the Mariners. This would be a great package, but I could see them wanting something more from us.

Cueto is projected as a number 3. Bailey is a number 1. Morrow can't be projected into the rotation because he is a reliever. Take the Cincinnati package and run. Votto will start for years at 1st, Hamilton will start for years as CF, and Bailey will be in the rotation for years. The best thing about the Cinci package is that they will all start the year in the majors. No other package can say that. If they don't start in the majors they may not still make it. The Reds guys will make it. The question is how great will they be, not if they can contribute.

The Reds package with Bailey is the way to go. Cueto is undersized for a power pitcher, and that's never a good thing. I've changed my mind on Bailey as his mechanics bode well for his future health. He may be a jackass, but he can still pitch...

A rotation of:

Guthrie

Bailey

Loewen

Cabrera

Patton

looks pretty good.

Whats wrong with Bailey? Up until this trade talk, Everywhere I've seen his name, they say he is a # 1 guy. He's usually in the top 5 pitching prospects in the minor leagues, and yet now I see posters saying he's not all that. But I've never seen an O's prospect rated higher than him, and doesn't he instantly become our best young pitcher? I know they've said he's not passionate about baseball, but is there something else?

Archived