Reds are still hopeful about getting Bedard??

NATTYBO's

Try this win/win for both teams:

Bedard and Millar + 2.5 Mil for Votto/Encarnacion/Cueto/Keppinger

Than

Mora and Doyne + 8 mil (Miggy's money) to Phl for Tom Gordon/Greg Golson and J A Happ. We get a one year closer and two younger players. (the 8 mil plus Gordon's salary for 1 year is still less than Mora for 2 years)

Doyne was DFA'd yesterday.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no way we'll see a deal including Bruce, Votto and Bailey/Cueto unless it involves Bedard, Markakis and Rowell/Spoone/Reimold.

Call me crazy, but I would make that deal. Rowell isn't a sure thing and neither is Reimold or Spoone. Markakis can more than be made up for by Votto and Bruce as Bruce will likely be better than Markakis. I think one of insiders posted that if the O's aren't competitve Markakis is going to bolt for Atlanta anyway...

There's no way we'll see a deal including Bruce, Votto and Bailey/Cueto unless it involves Bedard, Markakis and Rowell/Spoone/Reimold.

I would think giving them two thirds of there rotation for the next 2 years, both having huge ceilings might entice them. Maybe you have to give Scott back instead of Millar to help their OF situation. In your deal if the Reds were not in a win now mode I would agree , but not unlike the O's of the past many years I think the Reds think they can compete with a couple of big moves now.

Call me crazy, but I would make that deal. Rowell isn't a sure thing and neither is Reimold or Spoone. Markakis can more than be made up for by Votto and Bruce as Bruce will likely be better than Markakis. I think one of insiders posted that if the O's aren't competitve Markakis is going to bolt for Atlanta anyway...

Yeah, you're crazy.

You're crazy!

Am I? Bruce is already better than Markakis at the level he's at. Votto could be a 30-35+HR 100+ RBI 1st baseman, Cueto or Bailey have ace potential. Rowell was a dissapointment, Reimold is far from a sure thing and Spoone hasn't even pitched in AA yet.

I think everybody just doesn't want to trade Markakis because we've built him up so much, but Bruce will likely be better than him and at worst equal.

Not to mention that every single player in that trade is all ready (or has been) part of the Reds starting lineup and the Reds are NOT going to trade away half their starting lineup for one pitcher.

Bailey hasn't pitched too much, they are willing to get rid of Hamilton and have Dunn, Griffey, Conine and Bruce already for the corner spots of the outfield, Freel and Hopper for center. At the end of last year they used Votto sparingly behind Conine and Hatteberg , and used Keppinger over Encarnacion.

They are all expendable.

Bailey hasn't pitched too much, they are willing to get rid of Hamilton and have Dunn, Griffey, Conine and Bruce already for the corner spots of the outfield, Freel and Hopper for center. At the end of last year they used Votto sparingly behind Conine and Hatteberg , and used Keppinger over Encarnacion.

They are all expendable.

Conine was traded in August (I think) last year so they only have two options at first base right now (Votto and Hatteberg). I think Keppinger can play first base but he hasn't done so in a while. Votto was brought up in September and saw at bats during the last month of the season. Bailey was injured for part of the season but still saw major league action last year and should see it again this year. My point is that Hamilton, Votto, Encarnacion, and Cueto/Bailey is TOO much to ask for from the Reds for Bedard and Bruce isn't going anywhere.

The Dodger deal without question.
I think I agree with you. Kemp > Bailey/Cueto, LaRoche > Votto, but Hamilton > Hu.

Hamilton is a ton better than Hu, but I think the difference between Kemp/SP and LaRoche/Votto makes up for the difference.

I'd be thrilled with either package though.

Now the question is this:

Bruce/Votto

or

LaRoche/Hu/Kemp

I think the Reds would have to include another player to even sway that to them.

I think LaRoche and Votto are the same but LaRoche is a third baseman and Votto's defense at first isn't great, so LaRoche has a slight edge IMO.

Bruce probably has slightly more upside than Kemp.

And then you have Hu against nothing.

Put Encarnacion in the deal for the Reds and I think that is an even up match.

Archived