Reds are still hopeful about getting Bedard??

NATTYBO's

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we back off the Bruce demands at the last minute, and propose something like Bailey, Votto, and Encarnacion/Hamilton. The Reds feel like they won because they keep Bruce. We feel like we won because well, we did.

If they take Bruce off the table, I'd ask for Encarnacion AND Hamilton. Not one or the other.

Don't know if it'd work, but it's worth a shot at least.

If they take Bruce off the table, I'd ask for Encarnacion AND Hamilton. Not one or the other.

Don't know if it'd work, but it's worth a shot at least.

Bailey, Votto, Hamilton, and Encarnacion is more than the Marlins got back for Cabrera and Willis. No way we get that for Bedard alone.

Bailey, Votto, Hamilton, and Encarnacion is more than the Marlins got back for Cabrera and Willis. No way we get that for Bedard alone.

Not to mention that every single player in that trade is all ready (or has been) part of the Reds starting lineup and the Reds are NOT going to trade away half their starting lineup for one pitcher.

I agree that we shouldn't get that based on what detroit gave up but one never knows what a desperate GM will do to seemingly put his team over the top. At least we can hope for that desperate move.

Not to mention that every single player in that trade is all ready (or has been) part of the Reds starting lineup and the Reds are NOT going to trade away half their starting lineup for one pitcher.
exactly. I understand being a hopeful O's fan, but that's just ridiculous.

What I'm hoping for:

Bailey, Votto and either Hamilton or Encarnacion

What I'd expect to happen:

Bailey, Votto, and a +1 like Drew Stubbs or some other lower prospect.

Try this win/win for both teams:

Bedard and Millar + 2.5 Mil for Votto/Encarnacion/Cueto/Keppinger

Than

Mora and Doyne + 8 mil (Miggy's money) to Phl for Tom Gordon/Greg Golson and J A Happ. We get a one year closer and two younger players. (the 8 mil plus Gordon's salary for 1 year is still less than Mora for 2 years)

I think I would see if they would bite on something that included Bruce, Votto, hamilton and a pitcher. I would be willing to add to bedard one or two of the following- Ramon, Miller, Huff, Penn, Liz, Hoey, Burres. Does anyone think the Reds might do Bruce, Votto, Hamilton, Bailey/Cueto for Bedard, DCab and Millar?

Orioles will slow play until we know what the dodgers do with Kuroda. Once Dodgers state their in/out then things will move quickly in my opinion just like the Angels decision with Tejada. It took AM 3 hours per BB to pull off a trade once he narrowed things down. We were also told he moved in succession from least likely (Giants) to most likely (Astros) team to complete a trade to make sure he did not leave anything on the table. The same will happen with Bedard because he has already done his homework.

I think I would see if they would bite on something that included Bruce, Votto, hamilton and a pitcher. I would be willing to add to bedard one or two of the following- Ramon, Miller, Huff, Penn, Liz, Hoey, Burres. Does anyone think the Reds might do Bruce, Votto, Hamilton, Bailey/Cueto for Bedard, DCab and Millar?

There's no way we'll see a deal including Bruce, Votto and Bailey/Cueto unless it involves Bedard, Markakis and Rowell/Spoone/Reimold.

Archived