Will Machado hit for power?

Fired-Up

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since when are enjoying the moment and posting a few thoughts on it mutually exclusive?

I think the point is that there's no real reason for caution as every last one of us knows that he's not going to keep this up (or even avoid struggles).

I think the point is that there's no real reason for caution as every last one of us knows that he's not going to keep this up (or even avoid struggles).

If you mean "this" as in OPSing like 2.500, then yes. If you mean "this" as in hitting at an elite level for the rest of the season...there's a non-zero chance. :)

No one's really trying to force caution on anyone, but tempering enthusiasm can't really be a bad thing on a message board. (I'm pretty sure I hollered as loud as anyone when Manny hit that HR but it didn't make me feel compelled to translate an emotion into a series of emoticons or exclamation points either.) You can bet guys like Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta, and Britton wouldn't've gotten crucified like they did on here if it weren't for the respective expectations attached to each of them.

Manny seems like a great kid from his interview. I asked this in the gamethread yesterday but no one seemed to know: does he speak Spanish? I saw him speaking w/ Betemit in the dugout but wasn't able to lip-read it in that quick shot.

EDIT: Jim Hunter-- "Obviously we're not gonna get ahead of ourselves it's only 2 games."

Wow, if even Jim Hunter is tempering enthusiasm then maybe they really were wasted words. :D

No one's really trying to force caution on anyone, but tempering enthusiasm can't really be a bad thing on a message board. (I'm pretty sure I hollered as loud as anyone when Manny hit that HR but it didn't make me feel compelled to translate an emotion into a series of emoticons or exclamation points either.) You can bet guys like Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta, and Britton wouldn't've gotten crucified like they did on here if it weren't for the respective expectations attached to each of them.

Manny seems like a great kid from his interview. I asked this in the gamethread yesterday but no one seemed to know: does he speak Spanish? I saw him speaking w/ Betemit in the dugout but wasn't able to lip-read it in that quick shot.

EDIT: Jim Hunter-- "Obviously we're not gonna get ahead of ourselves it's only 2 games."

Wow, if even Jim Hunter is tempering enthusiasm then maybe they really were wasted words. :D

Jim Hunter needs it. I'm pretty sure the rest of us are just happy for a unadulterated moment of joy after heaping helpings of reality over the last 14 years. I mean, I don't mind, I'm just saying that's probably the rationale behind the "shut up and enjoy it" line of posts.

Archived