Cal Ripken T-shirt Contest (Winners: Dipper9,Golden Ace, Big Snutchy, Maverick2143, notfast)

Tony-OH

When I hang out with friends and family, I usually have to talk about THEIR team. Luckily, I'm pretty knowledgable about the going-ons across both leagues. But the fact that I can log on any time of day to read about and discuss MY team is pretty awesome. I love the OH.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that people here are so geographically diverse. Some of us grew up in Maryland; some of us still live here; many more have never been to Maryland (or only vacation here to attend OPACY :)). The Hangout makes the O's experience larger than my little niche in the Baltimore suburbs. I can read honest and well-informed opinions from devoted O's fans living anywhere from the UK, to New York, to Encina, CA. It's somehow poetically appropriate that I can learn more about the O's from people all around the world than I can from locals who only live a few miles from Baltimore. I know frustratingly few O's fans in-person.

The OH is the glue that keeps my life - er - percolatin'. From Orioles to Music to Movies and TV to offbeat posters (yeah - that means you scOtt, Miller192, Moose, TonyS, Hank, McN, gurgi, CLB, sangar, BrunoCT, weams, RevO, twoB, Roy and yes ScottieB and the man, TonyP). It gots it all - B E L E I V E ! :hearts: haha and even Happy Birfday threads! :beerchug1: And oh btw, Cal, Iron Man extraordinaire, was born on MY birthday! Just sayin'....:slytf:

note to self - is Dipper "offbeat" or "beaten off"? :scratchchinhmm:

....and we're doing this for a cheap, two colour Cal tee? WTF????? :scratchchinhmm:

EDIT: If you are "offbeat" and I omitted you above (just added TonyS), offbeat this....:eektf:

I like that fact that being from Oklahoma and not really getting a chance to see the Orioles very often I can get news and updates from the Orioles Hangout. It is nice being able to get updates on trades ideas and other Orioles topics from everyone since there aren't many Orioles fans here. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: If you are "offbeat" and I omitted you above (just added TonyS), offbeat this....:eektf:

I was going to send some people over to point out the ....glaring omission, but luckily you got wise. ;)

For me, the OH has always been about the people, first, like BobMc, weams, yes, and even dipper (well, most of the time ;) )and a bunch of others. OH is my daily required daily reading. Sometimes you just have to laugh, other days it's time to rant and scream, and there are even a few times to do a victory dance. The previous 14 seasons have given real meaning to the words, "misery loves company." We've been through the highs and the lows, together, and that's the operative word.

Together.

I love the OH because not only is it the BEST source of everything Orioles, but the other forums provide so much more than that. Its a place to hang out with friends. Its a place to laugh, a place to cry, a place to help out others whether it be critical information (say, what to do if your car gets bullet holes shot through the window) or just fun advice (where's the best place to hang out before an O's game?). This place is not a "daily" event for me....its a critical part of my everyday activities. I say all of this straight form the heart, and could really care less about the t-shirt. The OH means so much to me, that Tony and crew probably can't even imagine.

But all that said, the number one thing I love about the hangout is that old bastard Bob living MY dream in Florida....or is it Ohio this week.....or is he in town for the weekend Orioles games? In any event, I love me the Orioles Hangout!

PS: Screw the T shirt, I wanna go to another game with Tony and John and company! lol

Day Deuce:

My chosen lifestyle is physically and mentally challenging. I love that I can come here and put my day out there for everybody to see. This is a place that is dedicated to our favorite team, however, we have many available spots here where we can talk about anything we'd like. I love the fact that this place has values and I can come here for good discussion without all of the foul language.

Archived