Jones just called out the FANS

Greg

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry but Adam is right to be angry.

The fans have B&Med for 15 years and now they are not showing up when they are in a legit pennant race.

I am not saying the stadium should be sold out every night but I don't think 25-30K fans is asking for too much.

The Orioles have run off the majority of their fans over the past 15 years. To think everyone is going to come back right away is pie-in-the-sky. Ask Oakland or Pittsburgh how attendance is this year.

People who post here and call in to XM MLB, aren't the average fan. The average fan pays attention to ESPN and is constantly being told by the "experts" to pay no attention to the men behind the Orange Curtain, they are a mirage. Why should the go after all that and 15 years of PA too. The last thing MLB wants is a BAL/PIT WS.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Mayo coming back from injury could have his debut in Baltimore delayed. 
    • Wasn't a huge fan of his swing for that last out today but coming in to pinch hit with 2 outs isn't easy.
    • Interpreting Malike's comment that way is theoretically possible, but I didn't take it that way--didn't feel that shade was being thrown on me at all. But thanks for the concern.
    • People are being a bit ridiculous with the holier than thou takes criticizing a little humor. I am not saying what happened couldn’t cause a significant concussion, but it would be a bit of a fluke if it did. Mullins barely hit him with the bat and he had a helmet on. The fact that it was in the back of the head did make him more vulnerable, but this wasn’t the type of thing you see and think he was lucky to be alive.  Guys have probably hit their heads harder on the top of the dugout or on the fence making catches.  And note this comes from someone whose son has suffered severe concussions and who is well aware of the dangers associated with them. In short, people need to lighten up a bit on guys like Roy.  It was a little gallows humor. 
    • Yeah, you read that wrong. LA2 is one of my favorite posters here and he knows it. No harm, no foul. If you aren't familiar with the game threads, it doesn't matter what the team is doing, people complain about it and people did make that same joke in the game thread long before Roy said it here. Game thread in summary - when the O's are not doing well, it's insufferable, when they are doing well, it's mildly less insufferable. There, that wasn't hard. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume I'm throwing shade at people. I'll leave that up to you to do, you're really good at it.
    • Comp a. Like Gunnar, and beavers…
    • Wasn't Westburg a 2nd round draft pick?  It's a little early to judge last year's draft.
  • Popular Contributors