We have to hit Jeter tomorrow if we get a good lead.

Gurgi

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is pretty typical for his posts, he cried martyr when we had the gall to disagree with him in his ALERT THE MEDIA Pythagorean Thread #952.

If you haven't had to defend your territory, your pride, your SOMETHING, you're not living. Doesn't mean you actually baseball bat someone when they rearend you at a stoplight (my reference to "being more careful next time" was more a double entendre about Sabathia's supposed lack of control) but holy **** seriously I am not talking tough at all. If they don't do something tomorrow it's going to be hey, Buck's Orioles can be hit with impunity because they're not going to do a damn thing about it.

Make them scared and make them think harder about coming inside. This is ANCIENT baseball.

But will Buck do it? I was expecting something against the Redsox last year after they hit four of our guys and injured one. After Gregg did his thing. Maybe Buck thought hitting 4 guys was fair retaliation? If Buck does nothing.............I will still like him as manager but will not really understand him.

This thread is making me lose some of my faith in humanity.

These are human beings we are talking about here. Real people, with real lives, outside of sports.

Wishing serious harm or injury on any of them is a very sad and very wrong thing to do.

Thank you very much.

But don't let a few extremely delusional, immature people who are willing to literally say anything to get attention make you believe that they represent the majority of people. They are a tiny minority.

These are human beings we are talking about here. Real people, with real lives, outside of sports.

Wishing serious harm or injury on any of them is a very sad and very wrong thing to do.

I disagree here. I'm not one who is advocating that we cause an injury. Merely that karma dictates that turnabout is fair play. If Teixeira tears an ACL tomorrow while running the bases I don't want any one of our guys going out there to help him out nor shed a tear for his sorry rear end. CC didn't shed any tears for Nick.

You get what you deserve.

No, see, I think it was intentionally inside, he showed no remorse in actually hitting him intentional or not, and that retaliation isn't evil. I disagree that we should participate in it because I know its going to lead to the benches clearing and suspensions we can't afford. I'm trying to tell you you're over the top in what you consider analogous situations and that you're being incredibly hyperbolic about all of it.

If I'm being incredibly hyperbolic it's because I'm incredibly angry right now.

14 years of this team's a laughingstock, "former great franchise," Fenway South, snide Yankee douchebags, and now they take out one of OUR GUYS. At some point enough should be enough. And I don't think it's enough to win 20-0.

If I'm being incredibly hyperbolic it's because I'm incredibly angry right now.

14 years of this team's a laughingstock, "former great franchise," Fenway South, snide Yankee douchebags, and now they take out one of OUR GUYS. At some point enough should be enough. And I don't think it's enough to win 20-0.

At least you recognize the root cause of your hyperbole. ;)

With first place on the line? Never happen that early. If it's going to happen it's going to be later in the game with a couple outs, empty bases, and a good lead.

Well, then let's just have as good ol' gentleman's bet, shall we? :)

Although the more likely outcome is that nothing happens, hit batter-wise.

Well, then let's just have as good ol' gentleman's bet, shall we? :)

Although the more likely outcome is that nothing happens, hit batter-wise.

You know another reason why it wont happen that early? It'd get a warning at the least and then you just took away the inside corner from your own pitcher. Not Buck's style.

Who is advocating "real harm"? A retaliatory plunking is not considered a crime =====some of you would cry because we killed a lot of gypsy moths for cripe's sake.

This is pretty typical for his posts, he cried martyr when we had the gall to disagree with him in his ALERT THE MEDIA Pythagorean Thread #952.

If you haven't had to defend your territory, your pride, your SOMETHING, you're not living. Doesn't mean you actually baseball bat someone when they rearend you at a stoplight (my reference to "being more careful next time" was more a double entendre about Sabathia's supposed lack of control) but holy **** seriously I am not talking tough at all. If they don't do something tomorrow it's going to be hey, Buck's Orioles can be hit with impunity because they're not going to do a damn thing about it.

Make them scared and make them think harder about coming inside. This is ANCIENT baseball.

Dude, you were the one making all the martyr comments, not me.

You are now backtracking on your multiple comments about wishing / intending bodily harm on people.

The fact that you think not throwing pitches at someone in retaliation is indicative of NOT LIVING shows everything that anyone needs to know about you.

This is baseball, not life. These guys go home at night to their families and unless they are very screwed up in the head, they know what's really important (family, friends, community) in life. A clue for you - It's not "defending your territory". You are blowing this WAY out of proportion to its actual importance. Just like you're over the top comments about injuring people.

Think of it this way.

What would the Yankees do if they were in a hard fought pennant chase and a team that was tied with them just hit Jeter on the hand and put him OUT for the season? What you "grown ups"(lol) out there really think Giardi would do?

Think tomorrow would be a normal peaceful game? Really?

Think about it.

I'll admit, I initially wanted some payback, physical in nature of course. Having thought about it, there is only one thing to do. Win the whole f*@$%&g thing. Win the division, then the WS. You get Nick back by the time the World Series begins. We win the series in 5. Nick will be the MVP. Am I crazy? Perhaps. This team has been giving everyone who doubts them, the finger. Win. The. Series. I think this year, this could happen. Every game. Win it for Kakes!

Who is advocating "real harm"? A retaliatory plunking is not considered a crime =====some of you would cry because we killed a lot of gypsy moths for cripe's sake.

Apparently you missed the comments about beating people with bats and hoping Tex rips his hamstring off the bone.

Someone needs to close this thread, seriously.

If the game is in hand, one way or another, rail them. Rail them hard, and multiple times. Maybe as part of the younger generation, I have less regard for being polite or sportsmanship, but I do firmly believe in backing up your players and that life is a two way street. You f with us, intentionally or not, it's comin back to you.

Close game, go for the win. Late innings and the game is a few runs apart, go for Any of their elbows/hands/knees/etc.

Archived