We have to hit Jeter tomorrow if we get a good lead.

Gurgi

Think of it this way.

What would the Yankees do if they were in a hard fought pennant chase and a team that was tied with them just hit Jeter on the hand and put him OUT for the season? What you "grown ups"(lol) out there really think Giardi would do?

Think tomorrow would be a normal peaceful game? Really?

Think about it.

Ah, you've convinced me. Because the Yankees and Girardi would do something makes it right!

I've seen the light. Let's hurt people - because that's what the Yankees would do!

In fact, let's all change our philosophy to "WWTYD?" and live by that every day!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think of it this way.

What would the Yankees do if they were in a hard fought pennant chase and a team that was tied with them just hit Jeter on the hand and put him OUT for the season? What you "grown ups"(lol) out there really think Giardi would do?

Think tomorrow would be a normal peaceful game? Really?

Think about it.

I'm not surprised you couldn't see past tomorrow.

As I posed before, what would you do if we hit Jeter tomorrow...and then they hurt Reynolds the same way they hurt Nick. What then?

Fastball to the ribs, nothing to extreme. I don't know if you should go after a batter tomorrow in a race like this, if you don't thats fine but the first game next year against the Yankees, someone needs to end up on their ass. I don't get all this talk about "wow these are human beings, i dont know how you could hope for something like this" i agree praying that someone gets hurt is sick, But for those of you saying "the way we really stick it to them is to go out their and win!" this isn't the girl scouts, its major league baseball... grow a pair. If you dont want to put up with it, go watch the baltimore blast this upcoming season, maybe that would be better suited for you

That's one way of looking at it and I agree it is ancient. Sabathia pitched inside and unintentionally hit one of our guys. Do you seriously think hitting a Yankee tomorrow is going to change the way Sabathia pitches? Do you think the Yankees are going to pitch more inside than before if we don't retaliate? Hitting one of their guys isn't going to change anything. Baseball has been played the same way for over 100 years. Good pitchers pitch inside to claim both sides of the plate. Sometimes hitter's get hit. Hitting a Yankee tomorrow may send a message but that message is pretty simple. Hit one of our guys and we'll hit one of yours. That's the only message. It is pretty ancient and it's pretty simple. But it doesn't change anything.

Some traits are conserved in evolution because they worked a long long time ago and they still work today. Ancient doesn't mean outdated.

Again, like with Wedge, we're going to have to agree to disagree because I simply don't believe this was unintentional. If this was a nervewracked 22-year-old for the Royals who hit Nick I'd be more **** happens about it. But it was CC Sabathia. He didn't walk anyone today or hit anyone else and he was 0-2 on Nick. He's hit our players before. Girardi's a punk, Martin's a punk too. I don't believe it was unintentional.

Now in either case you may well be right and that it doesn't really change anything but on the other hand it could. I mean aren't we on here discussing that we shouldn't hit them back because it might get one of our guys hurt? Well why doesn't it work the other way?

I can't even begin to answer this. Maybe someone else can take a shot at it. I'm seriously baffled.

Because CC showed no remorse and no concern after hitting Markakis and seeing him clearly in pain, we're supposed to cry if one of their's gets hurt? Keep in mind I'm not advocating that we plunk anyone, or do a really hard slide into second to take out someone's knees. Just that I hope that some bad injury happens to one of their's in the normal course of a game. Teixeira being one such example. Balance to the force sort of thing. They're the Yankees, they deserve it.

Ah, you've convinced me. Because the Yankees and Girardi would do something makes it right!

I've seen the light. Let's hurt people - because that's what the Yankees would do!

In fact, let's all change our philosophy to "WWTYD?" and live by that every day!

I guess some people are good at taking crap. Congrats. Your are wonderful at taking it.

I want Chris Davis wielding a baseball bat, to go into the yankee dugout tomorrow at the beginning of the game and turn it into a B horror flick scene. That would be appropriate retaliation.

This is funny. Thanks for lightening the mood. :P

Sorry but everyone saying that beaning is sick or whatever is well, I can't say, but it's ridiculous. This is a sport. You think when a football player tackles someone he's not trying to make it hurt? I don't want to hear any BS about baseball not being a contact sport. There's plenty of contact. You just choose not to. Payback is payback.

Of course I wouldn't do it if the game is on the line because that is the most important thing, but you have to do it.

Sorry but everyone saying that beaning is sick or whatever is well, I can't say, but it's ridiculous. This is a sport. You think when a football player tackles someone he's not trying to make it hurt? I don't want to hear any BS about baseball not being a contact sport. There's plenty of contact. You just choose not to. Payback is payback.

Of course I wouldn't do it if the game is on the line because that is the most important thing, but you have to do it.

I'm gonna keep asking until someone answers. Does anyone really want them plunking another one of our players and running the risk of sending someone else to the DL?

Take your pick. Reynolds? Jones? Wieters? Who can we run the risk of sparing if we hit one of theirs tomorrow?

Archived