Robinson Cano - 2B

Nick Swisher - RF

Mark Teixeira - 1B

Curtis Granderson - CF

Raul Ibanez - DH

Russell Martin - C

Hiroki Kuroda - RHP (15-11, 3.34 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

The Yankees are better at literally every position in this lineup except MAYBE catcher. What a joke.

There are two very possible ways we play either Texas or Oakland first which isn't my path of choice. If we win the AL East Division we plan the WC winner. If we lose the AL Division, we play to be the WC winner. Both of those outcomes will face either Texas or Oakland.

There are two very possible ways we play either Texas or Oakland first which isn't my path of choice. If we win the AL East Division we plan the WC winner. If we lose the AL Division, we play to be the WC winner. Both of those outcomes will face either Texas or Oakland.

If we win the AL East, we go to Detroit. We cannot take the 1 seed in any form.

Last night I was wondering if Showalter will call Valentine after tonight's game if the Sux lose, regardless of reason....

"Bobby. Buck. Go F yourself. And no, you can't use me for a job reference."

Nah, that's not something Buck would say.

He'd say:

"Bobby....? It's Buck Showalter. Y'know, it's really frustrating that you didn't keep grinding. I was right there with you, staying tuned, hoping your team would have a little bit of spunk, or pluck, or scrap, or grit, or gut. I know what your team is capable of, and you know what your team is capable of. But. Y'know. You just didn't have it tonight. It's just frustrating. I'd say that you need to get out there and beat them tomorrow, but there will be no tomorrow for your team, so... y'know... see you next year."

I'd rather Oakland lose. In a WC game, I'd rather face Milone than Darvish. In a 5-game series, match-ups matter less.

Archived