Weather on Sunday

Crazysilver03

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually been hoping for a delay as I have to be in church until 8 tonight :)

But it looks to me like there won't be any "severe" rain. Just little showers going through on an overcast, damp, cold day. Not the best conditions, but I think they get this game in on time.

I don't what other people are looking at, but the Doppler looks like the rain is gonna be gone well before game time.

Agreed. The storms in the Carolinas and Virginia are moving east and at this point would have to start moving back west to come over Baltimore. That can happen, but storms usually don't reserve pattern like that up here. Pay little attention to the National Weather Service hourly reports; they tend to just air on the side of conservatism when it comes to rain.

Here's a little quick & personalized forecast:

Dealing with two fronts. Front one is over or just east of Baltimore at this time. Precipitation shield from this front is east of Baltimore. Second front over Ohio with less impressive precipitation shield. I expect spotty showers across the Baltimore Metro this afternoon. As the second front approaches later this evening, a broad area of light rain may cross over Baltimore. Some frontal "pooling" of moisture could occur, enhancing the rain a bit. I don't think that it will rain hard enough this evening for the game to be called. It will be gross, cold, and raw.

Current radar:

14lpvk8.png

My interpretation of current frontal location:

1pumba.png

Radar estimate @ gametime:

8ygw9g.png

Here's a little quick & personalized forecast:

Dealing with two fronts ......

It's probably just me, but this entire subject and the attention that it is garnering kind of makes me feel like we're all on The Titanic, and we are trying to avoid being sunk by a couple of icebergs. :laughlol:

It's probably just me, but this entire subject and the attention that it is garnering kind of makes me feel like we're all on The Titanic, and we are trying to avoid being sunk by a couple of icebergs.

The MFYs are on the Titanic, and the Orioles are the iceberg, with 90% of its mass unseen below the surface of the hype, watching, waiting, ready to strike

Archived