I don't know if I will ever live this one down

Frobby

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O

We're not the only ones to suffer a devastating defeat tonight. Damn.

Jose Valverde pitching for Detroit OO DET 3 OAK 1

J Reddick singled to right. 3 - 1

J Donaldson doubled to deep left center, J Reddick to third. 3 - 1

S Smith doubled to deep right center, J Reddick and J Donaldson scored. 3 - 3

G Kottaras hit for D Norris. 3 - 3

G Kottaras fouled out to third. 3 - 3

C Pennington struck out looking. 3 - 3

C Crisp singled to right, S Smith scored. OO Oakland wins, 4-3.

Hang in there, MDK. You'll be OK.

You'll probably eventually conk out.

I am just devastated with this loss. I'm up here in northern PA where most everyone is a yankee fan or pretend to be. I'll have to deal with that all day tomorrow at work. I don't know of any other Os fans up here so this is my only outlet to talk about my team. I just want revenge for this game and the past games against the yanks, thats all I want.

I blame Jones for a lot of it. He got a bad break on it and then to make up for it, he ran along at 3/4 speed.

I never saw Paul Blair play, but I remember reading a post somewhere on here a long time ago...someone said that Blair never met the ball on the run unless he absolutely had to. If he could, he'd be camped out under it when the ball came down.

I remember a game two years ago where Jones was coasting along trying to catch a ball, hell it might have been at Yankee stadium. At the last second, tthe ball curved back behind Jones to his left and he overran it. IIRC, it was a late and close game and that play screwed us.

Had he not been trying to meet that ball on the run, he could have been camped under it and perhaps moved with it. Had he not been trying to meet the ball on the run tonight, he probably would have caught it. He's certainly caught tougher.

Blair made plenty of running catches and I think if he were in CF tonight this might have been one of them because evidently there was some wind blowing. However after watching the replay about six times, I don't think for a minute it would have been the misguided adventure that AJ turned it into.

O

We're not the only ones to suffer a devastating defeat tonight. Damn.

Jose Valverde pitching for Detroit DET 3 OAK 1

J Reddick singled to right. 3 - 1

J Donaldson doubled to deep left center, J Reddick to third. 3 - 1

S Smith doubled to deep right center, J Reddick and J Donaldson scored. 3 - 3

G Kottaras hit for D Norris. 3 - 3

G Kottaras fouled out to third. 3 - 3

C Pennington struck out looking. 3 - 3

C Crisp singled to right, S Smith scored. Oakland wins, 4-3.

Yeah that's pretty bad considering the Tigers were at home and needed the game to win the series. Instead they're now tied with all the mo favoring the A's. Is that next game in Oakland or Detroit? I know the 2-3 was for us and the Cards but I wonder if they kept the 2-2-1 for the 2 and 3 seeds.

I refuse to let tonight's crushing blow be the defining moment of the 2012 season. Even if we don't advance much farther, this season will still be the most unexpected and magical sports season I've ever witnessed as a fan.

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Last night was an initial kick in the gut, because I obviously want them to go all the way. After a good nights sleep I feel very positive again. I don't think we win the series, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of another Orioles playoff game tonight.

Playing the Yankees in Yankee Stadium in the playoffs, i train myself to expect the worst just in case. Ibanez was the last person i wanted to see in the bottom of the 9th, even moreso that Cano.

The series is not over. We're down 2-1 and could easily be up 3-0. The fact that we haven't closed this series out by not making a play here or there is what kills me the most. Just goes to show how close a team can be to a series victory but could be all .

If there's one thing I learned as a Ravens fan, it's that you're going to have heartbreaking losses if you are a good team.

Losers don't get their heart broken. The Orioles aren't losers anymore.

This is a GREAT point. The Yankees have had heart-breaking losses too - ask their true fans about 1995, 97, 2001, or 2004. Their older fans still lament 1960.

As painful as it is, it's part of competing for a championship. Heartbreak is inevitable in some form or fashion for every team but one.

Archived