Just an interesting article(Hamilton)

sevastras

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would I love the guy if he came here and put up monster numbers? Of course. But this is baseball, and contracts are gauranteed, it would be unwise to sign him. I have some familiarity with substance abuse, and I hope the guy keeps himself together, but he's an accident waiting to happen.

As a fan of the Baltimore Orioles, not simply an empathetic person who cheers for those who overcome obstacles, I hope they don't take the risk (because it's a lot bigger risk than most people understand).

3 year deal? Sure I'll take it.

Won't happen though. I'm not against signing Hamilton, I'm against the contract it will take to get him.

I think Hamilton would be worth 3-4 at $25M per. If that would get it done it gives us a star talent bat. It would have the biggest positive impact on the team.

Other than alcohol, he hasnt had any issues with substance abuse in a LONG time. And if he did...would it really be much different from MANY other major league players? I'm not worried about the drug abuse and I'd definitely take him on a 3-4 year contract. I agree that Buck would be a much better influence on him than Washington...who had substance abuse issues of his own and is IMO a very overrated "players" manager.

As far as the article goes...yeah...it makes valid points, but nothing we cant figure out for ourselves. Boedecker has a history of writing articles that spend more time proving his point than they do actually making sense some times. Just another grain of salt.

All depends on the contract. If it's more than 4 years I think it's a bad idea. It has nothing to do with the former substance abuse, it's more about all the injuries and age. A contract 4 years at 100 mil is my max and I think he'll get far more than that.

I think Hamilton would be worth 3-4 at $25M per. If that would get it done it gives us a star talent bat. It would have the biggest positive impact on the team.

Somehow, a 4/100 deal seems like it might actually land him - and not kill the Orioles for the next decade. I would personally love to see this. As I agree with the many posters who feel our win total cannot be sustained with the current level of talent.

I don't hate the idea of Hamilton in Baltimore. His "issues" make me nervous about him...but, his personality (for as much as this is even worth saying) I like. I actually think he could be a great fit for the team (outside of the aforementioned issues, of course.)

I just don't really see it happening...some team somewhere is going to offer him wayy more than the O's will be willing too. IMO.

We'll see. If it happens, I could adapt myself to Davis at 1b, mayybe. I still really don't like his defense there. But, Hamilton's bat is really attractive. :scratchchinhmm:

I don't hate the idea of Hamilton in Baltimore. His "issues" make me nervous about him...but, his personality (for as much as this is even worth saying) I like. I actually think he could be a great fit for the team (outside of the aforementioned issues, of course.)

I just don't really see it happening...some team somewhere is going to offer him wayy more than the O's will be willing too. IMO.

We'll see. If it happens, I could adapt myself to Davis at 1b, mayybe. I still really don't like his defense there. But, Hamilton's bat is really attractive. :scratchchinhmm:

You don't think we could also bring Reynolds back cheap and keep Davis at Dh? Although that's a lot of k's in one lineup i'd be glad to have Reynolds glove back at first.

You don't think we could also bring Reynolds back cheap and keep Davis at Dh? Although that's a lot of k's in one lineup i'd be glad to have Reynolds glove back at first.

Oh sure, I'd like the idea of keeping Reynolds at 1st (two year deal) and Davis at DH. Just going with what the article was purposing.

Not bringing Reynolds back and bumping Davis to 1st does free up $$ for a likely costly Hamilton deal though.

Archived