Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trading Bundy for Stanton would be a perfect way for the Orioles to address one of their biggest needs without compromising their future. I would offer the Marlins Bundy / Reimold or Avery for Stanton / Nolasco. Nolasco's contract is tough to swallow ($11M), but it's only one year and would negate the need to sign Saunders. Good trade for both teams.

Trading Bundy for Stanton would be a perfect way for the Orioles to address one of their biggest needs without compromising their future. I would offer the Marlins Bundy / Reimold or Avery for Stanton / Nolasco. Nolasco's contract is tough to swallow ($11M), but it's only one year and would negate the need to sign Saunders. Good trade for both teams.

Pretty sure some folks would considering trading Bundy compromising the team's future.

That's a horrible trade for the Marlins.

And we are listening to offers for Wieters and Jones, doesn't mean they are being shipped. Nothing to see here.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparision, since the Marlins have just about gutted their entire team via trade. It's pretty clear that they will consider trading anyone if they can save money. That's why I suggested targeting Stanton and Nolasco. Taken Nolasco's salary off their books might be enought to entice them to trade Stanton.

I guess you guys are right they're telling people they're listening to offers in order to not listen to them forget I said anything. I guess everyone believed they were going to get rid of Reyes too right

This has been discussed ad naseum on this board.

Comparing Reyes to Stanton is a poor argument.

As others have said, offer Bundy.

Stanton is the big bat we need and we've got the pitching depth to deal with his loss. Losing Bundy would hurt, obviously, but we'd be setting ourselves up to be one of the best teams in the division for the next three years.

I'd love to hear DD move aggressively on this.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparision, since the Marlins have just about gutted their entire team via trade. It's pretty clear that they will consider trading anyone if they can save money. That's why I suggested targeting Stanton and Nolasco. Taken Nolasco's salary off their books might be enought to entice them to trade Stanton.

I am sure the Marlins could trade Nolasco and get a prospect back without eating any salary. Bundy is not enough for Stanton.

Why? Bundy for Stanton seems like it's almost an even swap. And while Nolasco has some value, he would be more of a salary dump for the Marlins. They get a potential young ace SP in return and an OF replacement for Stanton in Reimold.

They also end up with a payroll that will have the MLBPA out for blood. That trade would set the Marlin's 2013 payoll for players under their control to under 23 million.

They also end up with a payroll that will have the MLBPA out for blood. That trade would set the Marlin's 2013 payoll for players under their control to under 23 million.

Stanton to the Orioles aside, I want to see this happen just to see how few tickets the Marlins sell next year.

What planet are you all living on?

You actually believe that the Orioles would trade Bundy? I'm not saying it would or wouldn't be a good idea... but the Orioles have basically said they are going to try and compete from the bottom-up. From inside-out. In other words, the cheapest possible way.

There is absolutely no way, no how, no scenario, where the current PA controlled organization is going to trade away it's best minor leaguer. No way.

Many threads this off-season have been amusing but, at the same time, sad because it shows the total disconnect between the Orioles and their stated-path and what the Oriole fans want as baseball fans. These threads are a constant barrage of "What do you think of trading for _______" or "How about _______". Heck, I'm surprised we haven't seen a scenario where we've worked out a trade for the genetic rights to Ted Williams' head!

The Orioles have had plenty of opportunities to pick up a few pieces. They've probably had other opportunities to make some trades.

What have they done? Traded Andino for a project, Signed Nate McClouth - cheap - and picked-up a few pieces to throw into the MiL system/build utility depth.

Seriously, folks, it's time to take what we have and understand what we don't.

I still believe the Orioles think they can win with what we have... and hold on what we could trade in hopes that we can get them out later for a sunny day. Roll with it.

Archived