Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

His point still remains. A 22 year old that has already put up a 40 HR season and a .900 OPS for a prospect that may turn out to be a bust. Who know's. It would be different if Stanton was 28 and a FA in two years. Besides, some like Gausmans stuff better.

Wait a minute. Bundy and Gausman are unproven prospects so why is it alright to trade one of them? How do you know which one becomes the #1 starter the O's need?

Did the World Champion Giants say we have Lincecum so we can trade Cain?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, you were using English poorly.

How many 250 pound 23 year olds have undergone knee surgery and don't end up having major knee issues down the road?

If Stanton ends up a DH in two years what does that do to his value?

First off, thanks for reviewing my grammar, my former graduate school professors would be proud of your evaluation. However, back to baseball. Stanton is 250lbs., that part is true. But, he is 6'5 and built like a model, not Prince Fielder. And, yes, even as DH who will hit 40 plus home runs, I will still do the trade, because Bundy MAY NOT turn out to be more then Brien Taylor.

Wait a minute. Bundy and Gausman are unproven prospects so why is it alright to trade one of them? How do you know which one becomes the #1 starter the O's need?

Point is, trading Bundy doesn't leave the O's with nothing at SP. Name a prospect in the system that will give the O's 40 HR and put up a .900 OPS at 22. Isn't the general idea to trade from a strength for a weakness?

I'm also not sure using a guy that seems to have flamed out at 28 is a good example. Well maybe it is. Bundy and Lincecum are both smaller pitchers. They tend to flame out faster. Whereas Gausman has a workhorse frame. Thats why i'd trade Bundy over Gausman. And Gausman has better stuff according to some.

First off, thanks for reviewing my grammar, my former graduate school professors would be proud of your evaluation. However, back to baseball. Stanton is 250lbs., that part is true. But, he is 6'5 and built like a model, not Prince Fielder. And, yes, even as DH who will hit 40 plus home runs, I will still do the trade, because Bundy MAY NOT turn out to be more then Brien Taylor.

Has Stanton not already had a knee surgery that required him to miss a substantial number of games?

Bundy is already more then Brien Taylor.

The differential between the Giants 2012 payroll and the Orioles was greater than the combined salaries of Lincecum, Cain and Zito combined. If the Orioles budget for 2013 was $131 million this trade wouldn't need to be discussed, we would have taken care of our hitting needs on the FA market with money left over.

Bundy plus (not including Machado, PTBNL Gausman or Schoop) for Stanton is exactly the kind of trade the Orioles in their current situation need to entertain. I would do it although good arguments exist for both positions.

Has Stanton not already had a knee surgery that required him to miss a substantial number of games?

Bundy is already more then Brien Taylor.

Look, my view differs then yours, I get that. I just hope for the sake of this team that whatever path they choose, they get back the postseason sooner rather then waiting another long time.

Insider on PSD mentioned Profar was on the table and the huge package. Mentioned the Marlins want a good amount of pitching in the package. Also said the Rangers are clearly viewed as the front runner at this point. Just an example of what he thought the Cubs would have to give up to get him. Baez+Rizzo+2 more high upside arms. Unfortunately Marlins don't like Samardzija.

What planet are you all living on?

You actually believe that the Orioles would trade Bundy? I'm not saying it would or wouldn't be a good idea... but the Orioles have basically said they are going to try and compete from the bottom-up. From inside-out. In other words, the cheapest possible way.

There is absolutely no way, no how, no scenario, where the current PA controlled organization is going to trade away it's best minor leaguer. No way.

Many threads this off-season have been amusing but, at the same time, sad because it shows the total disconnect between the Orioles and their stated-path and what the Oriole fans want as baseball fans. These threads are a constant barrage of "What do you think of trading for _______" or "How about _______". Heck, I'm surprised we haven't seen a scenario where we've worked out a trade for the genetic rights to Ted Williams' head!

The Orioles have had plenty of opportunities to pick up a few pieces. They've probably had other opportunities to make some trades.

What have they done? Traded Andino for a project, Signed Nate McClouth - cheap - and picked-up a few pieces to throw into the MiL system/build utility depth.

Seriously, folks, it's time to take what we have and understand what we don't.

I still believe the Orioles think they can win with what we have... and hold on what we could trade in hopes that we can get them out later for a sunny day. Roll with it.

Well if its true that Angelos did approve DD to go after Hamilton late they just might.

The differential between the Giants 2012 payroll and the Orioles was greater than the combined salaries of Lincecum, Cain and Zito combined. If the Orioles budget for 2013 was $131 million this trade wouldn't need to be discussed, we would have taken care of our hitting needs on the FA market with money left over.

Bundy plus (not including Machado, PTBNL Gausman or Schoop) for Stanton is exactly the kind of trade the Orioles in their current situation need to entertain. I would do it although good arguments exist for both positions.

He's worth so much more than that. This is a fantasy scenario.

Not at all.

My comments are not contradictory.

Up by the all star break = won't spend a majority of the season in the minors.

I think his call up will be determined not only by readiness...But effectiveness/ Injuries. I think the Orioles will delay his call up as long as possible and I personally dont think you see him until after the break.

Archived