Roll Tide

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's can't replace Bundy. We need pitching. Trading

Bundy now would do more harm to the team. Stanton is

a great player. But IMO pitching is more important for

the O's.

We are talking about a very young proven superstar hitter vs a pitching prospect who will ever only appear in 1/5th of our games. I trade bundy in a heartbeat

We are talking about a very young proven superstar hitter vs a pitching prospect who will ever only appear in 1/5th of our games. I trade bundy in a heartbeat

Gausman, Reimold, Britton/Schoop and Bundy? You'd be thrown out of baseball 30 seconds later.

I was always a big fan of Mike Stanton and his potential. I'm not a fan now that he changed his name, which by baseball standards is sub par. He should have changed it to Bigfoot Stanton, or Slammin Stanton, but Giancarlo? Really?

Well, his given name is Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton. I don't know, maybe he's more popular with the chicks as Giancarlo. :)

Which again boils down to Bundy for Stanton being fair. But we would need to give up more than Bundy to get Stanton.

I agree it would. I'd offer Bundy/Schoop/Reimold/Johnson and if they said No, then move on. If the O's aren't willing to spend to get what they need, then they are going to have to give up value to get value. The problem is they seem to be unrealistic in the value of some guys(Arrieta,Britton,Matusz). Maybe Tillman would interest them. 9-2 with a sub 3 ERA during a playoff push had to open a lot of eyes. Maybe Tillman, Johnson, Schoop, Hoes would interest them.

Any realistic Orioles proposal for Stanton begins with Bundy and Machado. Even then, I'm not certain we have enough ancillary pieces to make them bite. Maybe Tillman as a #3 piece, and one of Matusz/Arrieta/Britton to round it out if they think one is capable of overcoming their issues. If they're not enamored of the former "Big Three", it would probably require Schoop as a #4 piece. The Marlins are not "compelled" to move him in any way -- he's still under team control for four years, no matter how upset he is with the brass. This is just fishing for an overpay, and the Rangers or Mariners may just bite :D

As much as I'd like Stanton (and I'd probably give up more for him than anyone not named Trout), I think even I'd balk at that price...

The Marlins would command a position player like Machado in return. Thinking Reimold would get it done as the best position prospect in that deal is a joke.

There isn't a match here. Miami would command two upper-tier prospects. The only combination that would work would be Bundy and Machado + a B prospect, but the Orioles would never do that (for good reason). Bundy/Schoop wouldn't work and Gausman + whomever wouldn't either.

That being said, the Marlins aren't dealing Stanton. No matter how terrible that franchise is, they're not shipping the best young power hitter in the game with 4 years of cost control just because he wants it.

Archived