Here goes

bigbird

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First I was in arbitration hearings most of yesterday. It looked really wild here.

I only rec'd 2 small text messages from my guy during the day. Spoke to him in detail last evening. Here's what I can pass on. As usual read into this as little or as much as you like:

Roberts: What happened yesterday was not a witch hunt by the FO to find a leak. There were Roberts to the Cubs talks and lots of them. Angelos seems to be on board now, but that could change depending on how he woke up this morning. He thinks this deal should happen soon. No trade paperwork has been faxed to MLB as of last evening.

Bedard: Nothing close. He is not hearing that Cincy is adding Bruce. He said nither package from Seattle nor Cincy is what the front office deems acceptable at this point. This may drag out a while but after what Silva just received there is zero chance Bedard will resign here.

Dotel: A 1 year offer w/option has been made to Dotel.

The small trade he mentioned yesterday was Payton. Lots of talk about him the last few days. Depending what happens with Bedard/Roberts will have an impact on a Payton trade partner.

SS - We will not enter the season with with a starting SS currently on the roster. We may try to get Cedeno from the Cubs which may be holding up the Roberts trade. Outside players being talked about are Jack Wilson and Juan Uribe. He personally does not feel we'll go that route. No talks of Jones to SS if we get him in trade.

That's it............. After today he's out of the office till the new year......

Thanks BB.

That should put a few of us at ease...

First I was in arbitration hearings most of yesterday. It looked really wild here.

I only rec'd 2 small text messages from my guy during the day. Spoke to him in detail last evening. Here's what I can pass on. As usual read into this as little or as much as you like:

Roberts: What happened yesterday was not a witch hunt by the FO to find a leak. There were Roberts to the Cubs talks and lots of them. Angelos seems to be on board now, but that could change depending on how he woke up this morning. He thinks this deal should happen soon. No trade paperwork has been faxed to MLB as of last evening.

Bedard: Nothing close. He is not hearing that Cincy is adding Bruce. He said nither package from Seattle nor Cincy is what the front office deems acceptable at this point. This may drag out a while but after what Silva just received there is zero chance Bedard will resign here.

The small trade he mentioned yesterday was Payton. Lots of talk about him the last few days. Depending what happens with Bedard/Roberts will have an impact on a Payton trade partner.

SS - We will not enter the season with with a starting SS currently on the roster. We may try to get Cedeno from the Cubs which may be holding up the Roberts trade. Outside players being talked about are Jack Wilson and Juan Uribe. He personally does not feel we'll go that route. No talks of Jones to SS if we get him in trade.

That's it............. After today he's out of the office till the new year......

Thanks BB. Quite pleased to see you post as normal after yesterday's circumstances.

I'm confident BRob gets done soon, but Bedard worries me a bit... can't help it. I know we need to be patient, but it's awfully hard. :o

I have been thinking the small trade was Payton related and hopefully it works out.

Thanks again.

Thanks BB and to all of the Insiders! Merry Christmas to you guys. And wish your sources a good holiday too!

And Merry Christmas to everyone here at OH.

Thanks for the info, bb.

Does anyone have any idea how much Dotel would cost?

Side note: I don't usually post in these threads. I was compelled to add the obligatory, "Thanks for the info" intro. Now I know how celebrities feel when they win an award. This feels like the equivalent of "First and foremost I'd like to thank God."

Thanks for the inside scoop. This may shape up to be a very Merry Christmas after all.

What's your view?

I don't think AM trades him without getting what he feels is the best package.

I said after the meetings that I didn't think Bedard would be dealt...I have backed off that some but I am not as sure about it now as I was before the meetings started.

I think if Seattle adds a guy like Tillman to their deal, the deal gets done....Or if Cinci either trades Bruce or gets some of the crap out of their package and adds in more quality, that trade will go through.

I don't think AM trades him without getting what he feels is the best package.

I said after the meetings that I didn't think Bedard would be dealt...I have backed off that some but I am not as sure about it now as I was before the meetings started.

I think if Seattle adds a guy like Tillman to their deal, the deal gets done....Or if Cinci either trades Bruce or gets some of the crap out of their package and adds in more quality, that trade will go through.

But the question is, how will you feel if he isn't traded?

The MacPhail didn't get the value we SHOULD get?

That MacPhail is over-valuing Bedard and should have made a deal?

Archived